Mountain Project Logo

To the DOUCHE at the gunks yesterday(3/17), I have your stuff

Original Post
M Mobley · · Bar Harbor, ME · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 911

After rolling into the gunks yesterday around 11am on a fine spring day in March we hopped on some classics right off the bat without walking past 10 climbs. We decided instead of walking down the Uberfall we would rap down Classic/Jackie. We rapped and a guy and a girl(guy teaching girl) were just finishing up Classic about ten feet to the east, said hello blah blah blah. We decide since we are there we should do these climbs so we go grab our stuff, bring it over and start climbing. I had noticed this guy smoking ciggies up there at the chains earlier and what do you know, I get back up there and there is his butt(marlboro red) sitting right there under the chains.... hey, maybe it was a mistake so I picked it up for him. I had remembered seeing that this guy had a cup of coffee at the base as well and even saw him pull off of the cup.

We decide to work the cliff and do every good climb we can get on since nobody was around so the next stop was Ruebenheimer Special. Damn! theres another fresh Marlboro red butt right at the base just sitting on the ground so I picked it up and put it in my handy chalk bag pocket where all my butts go. At this point we are thinking aloud this guy is a giant DOUCHE and I hope we run into him so I can give him his shit back. By the end of the day we are down in frogland area and only a couple of dudes are there so we decide to jump on City lights. we do it, rap back down and loooky looky there is an empty cup of coffee and a freshly squished marlboro butt sitting right next to it!!!

Anyways Douche( I wish I had gotten your name when we were chatting), I have your garbage, PM me if you want it back.

Adam Stackhouse · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 13,970

Thanks for picking up after others.

J Schmiddy · · Pittsburgh, PA · Joined Jan 2009 · Points: 20

Thanks for cleaning up after him. The world is not your ashtray smoker!

On a different note, how were the snow conditions there? Worth the drive down from Boston?

Mojo Stylee · · Ft. Collins, CO · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 40

I smoke and I HATE people who can't or won't pick up their butts. I wish I was a bodybuilder sometimes instead of a climber...then I could make people EAT the butts they leave around. Thanks for cleaning up.

Dan Wachlaczenko · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 85
Mitch Musci · · Estes Park, CO · Joined Apr 2002 · Points: 665

Mobley, thanks for all your fine acts at the crag. It disappoints me to hear stories like this. And lets remember that abandoned butts are more than just trash, they present a real hazard in terms of forest fires. I hope someone gets a chance to call him out on his littering.

-sp · · East-Coast · Joined May 2007 · Points: 75

That was proper rant, and good on you for doing the right thing.

Marc Squiddo · · Mountain View, CA · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 15

that irritates the hell out of me and thanks for doing the solid. Trash is trash and this is worse than tossing a paper bag on the ground from the local fast food shop. At least the bag would biodegrade before I reached my first century mark.

M Mobley · · Bar Harbor, ME · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 911

I think I should start a thread on the people I have run into in this area of jackie/classic/pink laurel in the last 3 years I have been here. lets see, the guy yelling at his girlfriend to follow his ticks even though he was 18" taller than her, the guy wearing ball huggers, the guy without his hand on the belay rope, the guy who tossed a rope onto my friends head while she was leading classic, now the ciggie douche and I cant leave out the braggers who always have to explain why they are there at an easy area either... I'll still go back, there is always someone like the 40+ year old guy yesterday who was SUPER psyched to be out on the rock for his first time ever and who cruised jackie.

Greg DeMatteo · · W. Lebanon, NH · Joined May 2007 · Points: 315

If I email you my address can you send me my stuff back?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northeastern States
Post a Reply to "To the DOUCHE at the gunks yesterday(3/17), I h…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started