Mountain Project Logo

Camping suggestions at TWall/Chattanooga Vicinity?

Original Post
DurtGrrl · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2010 · Points: 0

Hey all -
Any suggestions on camping near T Wall? Me and my partners are headed there out of Middle Tenn and would like to camp the night before, but have observed the campground at the parking are to be less than ideal.
Ideal spots would meet the following criteria - no RVs or none close to tents, car-camp or walk up, not terribly crowded - amenities such as showers are not needed. There's all the stuff at the South Cumberland - any thing closer to T Wall?
Thanks in advance.
Jessica

Thanks! Looks like there are some quieter areas.

M Mobley · · Bar Harbor, ME · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 911

Raccoon mtn treated us well last year and the tent spots are in quiet places.

Stonyman Killough · · Alabama · Joined Jan 2008 · Points: 5,785

Foster Falls / Father Adams

saxfiend · · Decatur, GA · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 4,221
Brad "Stonyman" Killough wrote:Foster Falls / Father Adams
Foster's camping is nice; unfortunately, it's nowhere near T-Wall.

JL
James Arnold · · Chattanooga · Joined Dec 2008 · Points: 55

I second the raccon mtn, it's where the Rumney boys bed down (they hit both twall and fosters).

It'll be nice when the new hostel opens next year...

crashpadchattanooga.com/

Paul Barnes wrote:You two Admins play nice now. Aren't y'all sittin in the same cloud anyway...rendering your digital justice on us, the technologically challenged masses? :)
Huh? I'm just letting the OP know that Fosters isn't close to T-Wall, since she asked for camping near there. What's not nice about that?

JL
Paul Barnes wrote:...I've heard of pay camping on River Canyon Road out Past the T Wall. Anybody got any info on this?
I'd like to know about that myself. If it's true, it might be just what the OP is looking for.

JL
M Mobley · · Bar Harbor, ME · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 911

a local said it used to be there, we drove by and if it is open I wouldnt want to camp there. we happily drove back to the coon.

Thanks for the help. Yah, the DC Atlas indicates other camping but it seemed unclear. I plan to investigate further. Raccoon Mtn seems to be the place - that hostel looks like an ambitious project, but neat when finished!

Stonyman Killough · · Alabama · Joined Jan 2008 · Points: 5,785
saxfiend wrote: Huh? I'm just letting the OP know that Fosters isn't close to T-Wall, since she asked for camping near there. What's not nice about that? JL

no offence taken. I look up to JL and consider him a friend.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "Camping suggestions at TWall/Chattanooga Vicinity?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started