Mountain Project Logo

Slab fest above San Pedro Vista Pullout on Mount Lemmon?

Original Post
Adam Block · · Tucson, AZ · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 1,180

Just wondering if anybody knows anything about the routes up there. There's one line that looks bolted all the way up though I can't see the anchors and two other lines that seem to terminate a few bolts up. Anybody know the who/when/why on this?

As I walked up my first though was "Slabba-Dabba-Doo", I can't see many people hiking up there to climb it, I was surprised to see any bolts.

Slab

Slab

SPVL

Clay Mansfield · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2008 · Points: 300

wheeler wall

Thanks! I didn't see anything in STL that looked like it and it doesn't seem like it's had any traffic in a LONG time, there was a bail quick link on the second bolt that was pretty rusty. Also looked like there was room for a few more routes up there that were pretty obvious so I thought somebody gave up on the area, the approach was like a runout from the car to the first bolt.

1Eric Rhicard · · Tucson · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 10,101
Adam Block wrote:Thanks! I didn't see anything in STL
Did you open the book? One look at the overview for that area and you would have seen it. The facing page has a topo of the cliff. Dude!
rickd wrote:adam- you should at least lead two of those routes to get a "feel" for the area before starting a new line.
I have no plans on bolting anything up there. It looked like a ghost town that's the reason I asked here.

I did look in the book Eric, seemed SPV was the best way to get up there and using that as a reference point I missed it. I also had it upside down so that might have been part of the issue though it normally reads the same either way.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Arizona & New Mexico
Post a Reply to "Slab fest above San Pedro Vista Pullout on Moun…"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.