Mountain Project Logo

A Lee Smith Spin-off - Name this route .Go to Part 2

Tony B · · Around Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 24,665
Monomaniac wrote:Le Boomerang! Somebody else post a new pic.
Correct. I was surprised that got missed, with the initial "come back to me" clue.

Fine, here is a new picture:

Nice route, not often done, but should be. You just have to find that theoretical way around the obsticles.
brenta · · Boulder, CO · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 75

Northwest passage on the Third Flatiron.

The Ironing Boards are unmistakable. Here we go:

ridge

Bernard Gillett · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2002 · Points: 0

Crescent Ridge, Pagoda, RMNP

Here's my last one; back to work tomorrow (end of spring break -- bummer).

--- Invalid image id: 106711706 ---

Not looking for a pitch number, just a general description of the pitch

Your turn!

Bernard,
That's a really odd angle- I can't make heads or tails of the background, in that the snow/rock/scree don't seem to have a verytical relief- so I can't tell which way is up or downhill.
It does look like rock from the Longs/Meeker cirqe though, No?

GRK · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 6,205

damn bernard!

that picture is just crazy.
it looks like it was taken by a rope eating poltergeist.

oh...now i see it.

Yep, you're right, Tony (odd angle, and Longs cirque). Spin your laptop 90 degrees counter-clockwise, and it'll look familiar. I posted it that way not to be sneaky, but because I've always liked it better in that funky orientation -- makes the climber stick out better.

Better yet, I'll just rotate it:

--- Invalid image id: 106711706 ---

Look a little more familiar?

EDIT: Ah, crap, now they're BOTH rotated (because I didn't upload it again, but just referred to first photo and rotated it -- guess that rotates them both -- actually, I guess there's only one, and these are just links to it. Damn computers... I'm too old for this $#!+).

It's clear that we are seeing the Camel Gully on MLW in the background. Wild guess: getting to Table Ledge on the Casual Route?

Not Casual Route, but you're on the correct wall (suppose that's pretty obvious once I fixed the jedi mind trick and gave your eyes something familiar to zone in on).

Well, it's also not D7, Forrest Finish, Pervertical Sanctuary, Black Dagger, Curving Vine, or Yellow Wall, by my eye... which means I can't say that I've stood there.

Let's see, by the protocol of the game, I am supposed to tell you when you are wrong. Tony just threw half the wall my way (clever trick), and his assertion would be false. I am quite certain you have stood here T -- probably with a little less snow in the back ground (I like the early season; too busy up there later on).

Was that a guess? It is neither Shrug nor Black Dagger. But you're whittling down your options, so press on.

EDIT: grk10vq: NICE!!! Holy shit, I knew I felt a little funny clicking the shutter that day; didn't know the grim reaper was right next to me eating my rope as I reeled it in.

Pervertical?

Pervertical is CORRECT. We were actually finishing off Ariana on this day, but I was going to accept anything with this pitch in it (that's why I was looking for the actual pitch -- wanted you to tell me where on Pervertical/Obelisk/Ariana/Curving Vine this is). It's the final pitch off the top of the Obelisk column going past Almost Table Ledge to Table Ledge. This photo probably looks a little unfamiliar because I had extra rope, so I just kept going above TL 'til the rope came tight and belayed. Scrambled off from there. So you're looking down on the right side of TL, and the climber is coming to the end of the difficulties on that pitch.

Fire away, Brenta.

I was lucky. By matching the shapes of the snowfields, I knew I was seeing the Camel Gully even before you rotated your picture, but not having climbed the Diamond, I could only guess which route it was from the angle. It looked to be from the left side of the face...

Anyway, here's another ridge:

Another ridge, far away from Pagoda Mountain.

JJNS · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2008 · Points: 531

Arista de Sol?

No, not the Arista del Sol. Eastern hemisphere, north of the equator.

Kevin McLaughlin · · Colorado Springs · Joined Dec 2007 · Points: 1,540

Timed out Brenta . Post a pic upon your return. Or not your choice.

Easy pickins

Kevin McLaughlin wrote:Post a pic upon your return.
No problem. It's in the Alps.
Another ridge, far away from Pagoda Mountain.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "A Lee Smith Spin-off - Name this route .Go to…"

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.