Mountain Project Logo

Boulder Beer Night, Thursday, 1/28/2010

Mark Roth · · Boulder · Joined Jan 2008 · Points: 14,062

Pretty good turnout... Over 40 people. Don't know what the official head count was, but seems like all had a good time.
TresSki Roach · · Santa Fe, NM · Joined May 2002 · Points: 605

It was fun to see you guys last night. Anyone happen to find my license laying around? Oopsie!

Andy Laakmann · · Bend, OR · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 1,990

Am I really seeing Tony in full leathers? The horror, the horror.

That's custom made full leather!!!!!

Found my license in the snow, under my Jeep just where I left it.

The cheeks on my face hurt from laughing and smiling so much. The cheeks on my A$$ hurt from ummmm. . .yeah.

That sure was fun!

AnnaT · · Tradistan, Co · Joined Sep 2007 · Points: 65
Legs Magillicutty wrote: The cheeks on my A$$ hurt from ummmm. . .yeah. That sure was fun!
Tracy, I'm still laughing! Great seeing everyone! Super fun night!
Scott McMahon · · Boulder, CO · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 1,425

blah...so much for getting up early and skiing!

phil broscovak · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2002 · Points: 1,631

Good thing you found your keys Legs. I changed my personal photo because you figured out my secret identity.
I was glad to see Tony obeyed all the current leash laws for the People's Republic of Boulder. Quite a lively turn out. Next time the DH should provide a bar tender. And Goatboy, thanx a bunch!

It was nice meeting you Phil! I like the new photo! And yes. Thank you goat!

tooTALLtim · · Vanlife · Joined Apr 2007 · Points: 1,806

Damnit, stupid work. Looks like I missed a good one!

ICOJ · · Boulder · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 35

It was nice meeting you all, though I would have to admit that this morning was a bit rough.

Malcolm Daly · · Hailey, ID · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 380

Too much fun last night. Glad I busted out of my business meeting before you all wrapped it up. Tony, it scare me to think that you pulled that leather rig out of your closet, and that there might be some other good items like that in there. Jim Logan, super glad you quit lurking and turned u. Good to catch up with you. Legs, Cindy, Anna, GoatBoy, Shawn and everyone else, great to hang with you.

Mal

PS: And Shawn...NO!!!!!

Shawn Mitchell · · Broomfield · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 250
Malcolm Daly wrote: PS: And Shawn...NO!!!!!
How do you know you won't love it if you haven't tried it?
Maybe a little taste and you'll never go back...
Tony B · · Around Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 24,665
tooTALLtim wrote:Damnit, stupid work. Looks like I missed a good one!
I believe that there 50+ people if you count the early comes and early gos. The only official count I've got is that we went though not less than 19 pitchers. I counted that many (+ how ever many people did not get coupons for???).
There were still 20 people there when I counted at 10:30PM. Yes you should have come.

phil broscovak wrote:Next time the DH should provide a bar tender.
They will if we decide in advance... If I call 7 days in advance and pay $50, they will staff a bartender upstairs just for us and officially reserve the room.

Thing is that was a BIG turnout (about 50 people) which is reasonable at $1 each, but honestly, I don't want to shell out $50 of my money each time and depend upon 20 people to want to toss in the cash to pay for it.

The Dark Horse has been very good to us. There are not many places that will give you a big room like that for your group. Imagine 50 people at the Mt Sun. It can't happen.
The discount program at the Dark Horse however is ending at the End of Feb, so I'll probably do a late February last dance there for the cheap stuff, then evaluate other options for the future.
I imagine that I'll stay at the DH when I arrange, but that it won't be $3 off for us all unless I pay for the bartender upstairs and arrange special pricing in adance... again, an unattractive option unless I knwo a LOT of people will show up.

Another alternative here is to have anyone else... anyone... to arrange these nights and call their favorite hangouts and arrange something for 'specials' and such. There are surely other venues that have a space in them that could be made available for us. Someone mentioned the Salty Dog over on Iris & 30th... Sure, arrange one there!

Nobody needs to wait for me to arrange! You'd probably draw a fresha nd slightly different crowd if I were not the instigator anyway!
Tony B · · Around Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 24,665
Andy Laakmann wrote:Am I really seeing Tony in full leathers? The horror, the horror.
What, are you Vegan now? Nothing wrong with what I wore... It was pretty good coverage. I could have worn 'partial leathers' and really made it risque.

AnnaT wrote: Tracy, I'm still laughing!
Tracy had the top 4 quotes of the entire night.

1) Tracy spilled a little beer on the floor in a crowd. Without missing a heartbeat or a breath (instead of saying "I'm sorry" or "whoops") grabbed the nearest guy and pointed to the ground and sternly barked: "Lick it up, Bitch!"

2) Grabbed a leash on someone and handed it to Anna. Anna said "I don't even know what to do with that." Again, no heartbeats missed, Tracy deliberatly responded: "Oooohhh... but IIIIIII do!"

3) Tracy walked over when Mal got there and said hello then unashamedly asked: "Are you going to take your leg off tonight so we can play with it?"

4) At another point, Tracy, having also been naughty, got spanked a bit. At one point she wheeled around protesting: "Owww, dude, look I have limits! (pause) ...but I wasn't there yet, DO IT AGAIN!"

Shit, I'll toss $10 into the "Get Tracy drunk and get her a chauffer." fund any day. I was accused of being the "master of ceremonies," but Tracy, the "key note speaker," certainly owned the show.
Wiled Horse · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2002 · Points: 3,669

very fun.

Jeff Brosius · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2004 · Points: 10
Tony B wrote:Tracy was absolutely riotous entertainment.
She certainly was in rare form. I'm still laughing from the fun (although I'm not laughing too hard, because that would just make my headache today even worse.... too many beers, I think.)

What a great time, though. Thanks to everyone for the fun.
Jeff Brosius wrote: (although I'm not laughing too hard, because that would just make my headache today even worse.... too many beers, I think.)
Amature!!!
Leo Zacharias · · Boulder CO · Joined Feb 2008 · Points: 45

It was so good to meet you there last night! Im glad i escaped from being spanked!

cheers!
Leo

Wiled Horse · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2002 · Points: 3,669

that place is like casa bonita! i got lost in there!
yeehaw!

AnnaT · · Tradistan, Co · Joined Sep 2007 · Points: 65
Legs Magillicutty wrote: Amature!!!
Not your first rodeo....
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Boulder Beer Night, Thursday, 1/28/2010"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started