Mountain Project Logo

Topropeable Ice

Original Post
MHanson · · SLC, UT · Joined Dec 2005 · Points: 0

Hey all is there any good topropeable ice in the wasatch or along the I-15 corridor. I'm just starting to play around with ice and in no ways am I ready to lead. I just want something I can play around. thanks

Tristan Higbee · · Pocatello, ID · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 2,970

The first pitch of Stairway to Heaven in Provo Canyon is the best place. Short approach (10-15 minutes), easy access to the top (just hike around to the right on the snow slope), fixed anchors (there are pipes and wires attached to the chains so they're always sticking out through the ice), and several lines to choose from (the ice is nice and wide) make it perfect.

You can also toprope the Dirtcicle in Price Canyon if you hike around from the left. As I remember, there are some giant pipes or old posts sticking up that you can anchor off of?

Tristan

Christian "crisco" Burrell · · PG, Utah · Joined May 2007 · Points: 1,815

There is one other spot I know of in Provo Canyon. It's called the Kitty Litter Wall. There are some bolts at the top that might be buried by snow. But it is pretty easy to get up on top and you can TR a nice pillar.

Tristan Higbee · · Pocatello, ID · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 2,970

Is Kitty Litter (I think it's on MP as the Pipeline or something) in right now?

Christian "crisco" Burrell · · PG, Utah · Joined May 2007 · Points: 1,815

Last time I drove by with Matt (right after we did Stairway) I saw a pillar on the left side. Hard to say for sure until someone goes to the base. But I think so...

Ryan Howa · · Price, Ut · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 190

theres one i did or my first time at the beggining hunnington canyon. not far past the coal mine. it will be on the right if your heading north for hunnington. if you reach the park sign you have gone to far.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern Utah & Idaho
Post a Reply to "Topropeable Ice"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started