Mountain Project Logo

Looking for a partner

Original Post
fake_user2 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2008 · Points: 0

Hi.

I live in Mass, but am looking for a partner to climb with this Summer in NH. Last year I rope soloed a 4 pitch 5.4 on Mt Webster in Crawford Notch, and it was fun. I want to repeat it with a partner, but both of mine flaked out on me after a trip to Whitehorse and the Gunks. Ideally I will make it a big wall experience, sleeping on the rock and summiting Mt Webster the next day.

Serious inquiries only!!!!

Rob

M Mobley · · Bar Harbor, ME · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 911

any relation to Robmullet?

fake_user3 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2008 · Points: 0

One and the same. Unfortunately it looks like someone has been screwing with my account, so I had to pick a new screen name.

I really don't want to have to rope solo this again, as it looks like all of my previous exploits were dead wrong.

I talked to malcomb daly of Trango regarding use of the Cinch as a rope solo device - and beleive me, they way it works I thought for sure it was designed with that use in mind, but neither Malcomb nor anyone in his company pursues rope solo, and so it was never tested in that mode. I was pretty much the test rat.

In retrospect, it is a good thing that I didn't die. So if you are interested, post up!!!111

evan miller · · Seattle, WA · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 10

Rob,
Please email me at Evan.G.Miller@gmail.com

Very interested in the Mt. Webster idea and more, but figured email would be better to discuss. Cheers,

Evan

Timber · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 0

Is this for real?

Robbovius · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2006 · Points: 195
Timber wrote:Is this for real?
No. pm me if you want backstory/details
truth · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 0

See, there was no way in hell that headwall would ever see the soles of Rob's shoes. No cahones.

From the wimp himself:
just spent 2.5 awesome days in nh bracketing the pemigewasset wilderness. the short version:

wed night arrived near mnt webster central gulley slabs, camped nearby

thursday was at the base about 8, and proceded to rope solo my way up the 6 pitches to the top of the middle route of the central gulley slabs, between lost in the sun and a bit short. pitches raged from 5.2 to about 5.6 slabby goodness. last pitch had one bolt for 150 feet. no gear. the willey house looked smaaaaalllllllll. I could see the beetle all the way up.

topped out about 4:pm. had no juice left for a push to the headwall...that climbing every pitch twice really taxed my endurance. (head wall is another 2-3 pitches away, at least, including a long traverse pitch)

save that for another day.

rapped off, hiked out, and made it back to the car by 7 pm. I waded the saco, man did that ever feel good on the feet. except for the sharp stones.

rented a campsite at the dry river campground. was worth it for the shower.

friday drove bear notch and the kanc to artists bluff and had a mellow session on the 5.6 Right side route, with the more enjoyable face climb P2. I really like that route, the same way i like Geryon at purgatory: its not too hard, its not too easy, its just right. the nice view down franconia notch is gravy.

hit 495 rush hour on the way home. SUXOR.

Robbovius · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2006 · Points: 195
truth wrote:See, there was no way in hell that headwall would ever see the soles of Rob's shoes. No cahones. From the wimp himself: [clip]cut and paste from rockclimbing.com, mass climbers thread, page 850, posted 8/23[/clip]
Hi Bristolpipe. where you been, man? Hadn't figured you'd gotten over obsessing about me, and I know you read everything I write on rockclimbing.com. I'm still dangerous, doing my high-risk rope-solo climbing. I'd invite you along but I'm too scary for your delicate sensibilites, right? Can't be scaring the second. I'm flattered that you signed up here as "truth" on 8/24, just to copy and paste that rockclimbing.com entry I made on 8/23. all this drama over me, WTF, man? you're seriously needy and intervention-ripe.

Honestly I too was dissappointed I didn't get to the headwall, that WAS the goal. 5 pitches up I knew it would have been a mistake to go for it. Have to leave something for the rap off and descent hike.

I did top out the slabs after climbing the 6 pitches twice though. that was kewl (rope-soloing: lead, rap, second, repeat...) I have discovered that the direct slab route is not the most efficient way to get to the headwall.

too bad you can't embed pics here but, this is as high as I got...

i183.photobucket.com/albums…

...about halfway up this pic, on that major slab just left of the middle of the pic, just under the tree line:

i183.photobucket.com/albums…

C'mon Bristolpipe (robbovious/robblivious/rob_mullet/rob_mullit/fake_user2/fake_user3/truth), don't dissapoint, now is when you proclaim that I'm a used-up old poseur of a climber, who's an epic waiting to happen, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah. go for it. live up to your rep! don't dream it BE it. ;-) BTW you misspelled "Cojones"
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northeastern States
Post a Reply to "Looking for a partner"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started