Mountain Project Logo

Canyoneering season...

Original Post
JJ Schlick · · Flagstaff, AZ · Joined May 2006 · Points: 11,803

Looking for people to do some canyoneering with in AZ or the southwest in general. I have done many of the rim routes, Tonto a few times, waterholes several times, and various others. Looking for beta on other routes either north/south AZ or southern UT. Technical or non, I simply like to be down in the deeps. Mostly weekend warrior style light and fast. Let me know whats going on out there!

JJ

ClimbPHX.com · · Mesa AZ · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 1,135

I am interested in canyoneering with you. Please contact me at NorthFacePainting@hotmail.com or from here.

My recent trips have been to Devils Chasm near Globe, Joshua Tree, Yosemite, ect...

I can lead at 5.7-5.9 and follow up to .10

I am in shape and can hike extensively...

tom wetherell · · Tucson, Az · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 0

Jeremy,

There is plenty to do here. Check out ToddsHikingGuide dot com - many of his "hikes" are technical canyoneering trips. The ACA rendevous is coming up soon - it will be in the Globe area - info on canyoneering dot net. And, if you aren't already join the yahoo "canyons" group ( groups.yahoo.com/group/cany…)

-tom in tucson-

TresSki Roach · · Santa Fe, NM · Joined May 2002 · Points: 605
Jeremy Schlick wrote:Looking for people to do some canyoneering with in AZ or the southwest in general. I have done many of the rim routes, Tonto a few times, waterholes several times, and various others. Looking for beta on other routes either north/south AZ or southern UT. Technical or non, I simply like to be down in the deeps. Mostly weekend warrior style light and fast. Let me know whats going on out there! JJ
I would be interested in heading West over some weekends. I'm a minimalist, strong/fast (I have no problem keeping up with my long legged male partners) and also have about 4 years of climbing trad/sport/whatever. I would need to know about 1 week in advance. Pine Creek Canyon in Zion looks appealing to me. Drop me a line if you'd like to get out.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Arizona & New Mexico
Post a Reply to "Canyoneering season..."

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started