Mountain Project Logo

TR Route

Original Post
nielsen · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2006 · Points: 0

Does anyone have a route they would share with me that is really good for getting a pump (10a-11a), is easily top roped, has a short approach and is not popular with the crowds? I know it sounds like I should just go to the gym, but I love being outside.

Nielsen

cisco manzo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2006 · Points: 5

Try Destroyer on Rock Island.

Sorry, I'm new at this. I'm looking for a place in Big or Little Cottonwood Canyon, Utah. Thanks,

Nielsen

Ryan Brough · · Orem, UT · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 2,405

Try the Narcolepsy Area. Short approach up steep talus keeps the crowds away. Several of the routes at the Lower S-Curve Area can also be top-roped.

Thank you for the info.

Nielsen

Glen Kaplan · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Jun 2006 · Points: 729

Nielsen,

my favorite tie-on (which you can top-rope with some effort) is the route 'Better than Bitter'. It is longish (about 100ft.), overhung, juggy, and there are a few ways to do it...plus you can play around on steeper/harder terrain to the right and left. Make sure to at least use a 60m rope (70m preferred). The route is on the west side of challenge buttress above the little 3 bolt thing called 'Winky and Waxman Go Bolting'--about 30 ft. to the right of Hollowman.

The TR beta is to scramble up the ledges from the north side and find the anchors. There is a bit of exposed climbing on this scramble but nothing too bad.

Oh and if you are comfortable scrambling to the anchors...you can do this all in flip-flops!!!

Thanks Glen,

I have climbed Hollowman, so I know where that is. I will go searching. Again, thanks for everyone sharing with me.

Nielsen

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern Utah & Idaho
Post a Reply to "TR Route"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started