Raven Ledge Rock Climbing
|GPS:||37.512, -118.572 Google Map · Climbing Area Map|
|Page Views:||1,425 total · 87/month|
|Shared By:||Darrell Hensel on Feb 14, 2020|
|Admins:||Aron Quiter, Euan Cameron, AWinters, Mike Morley, Adam Stackhouse, Salamanizer suchoski, Vicki Schwantes, Justin Johnsen|
1) Never park or camp overnight at the access points.
2) Always park off the pavement, taking great care to avoid blocking the gates.
3) Clean up after your dogs. (Local climbers are finding abandoned doggie poop bags.)
4) Pack out all trash and TP, including picking up after others.
5) Use the outhouses if at all possible.
A word of caution... This wall sits IMMEDIATELY above the switchback dirt section of the central gully approach trail. Be careful about knocking anything off the ledge (even very small stuff) because it WILL land on the trail below.
To descend via rappel use one of the mussy sets. This deposits onto the trail right at Draggin' My Feet. Again, be careful about knocking anything off while rappelling. If people are using the trail it may be safer to reverse the via ferrata.
1) At the top of the scree slope cut horizontally across the hill about 50' or so at the base of the wall to a short left facing dihedral, which in turn leads to scrambling up, then right to the ledge system. There is a via ferrata starting at the top of the short dihedral that leads to the ledges - the scrambling is a bit loose and quite exposed so the via ferrata makes approaching with a pack and non-climbing shoes less stressful.
2) Continue down the standard trail until encountering the first bolted route, Draggin' My Feet - 10c. Climb that route, but rather than stopping at it's dedicated anchor go a few feet more to the ledge proper.
Classic Climbing Routes at Raven Ledge
Days w Precip