bouldering Northeast NJ Climbing
|GPS:||40.854, -74.141 Google Map · Climbing Area Map|
|Page Views:||49,636 total · 1,668/month|
|Shared By:||kenr on Nov 28, 2018|
In addition to the problems in the sub-Areas of this page, there are some problems attached to the Mills Reservation roped-climbing area page - (someone might want to create a new Area page for Mills Reservation Bouldering).
Northeast NJ region is defined here as:
* Bergen county
* southeast lobe of Passaic county
* Essex county
* Hudson county
* Union county
* northeast Somerset county
. . . For roped climbing (sport trad top-rope) - - > See this page
Key climbing regions:
* northeast Ramapo ridges
. . . (extends into NY state: lots of bouldering at Powerlinez).
* Watchung ridges
* basalt + gabbro in Watchung ridges
* diabase in Palisades
* granite + gneiss in Ramapo ridges
* parks and recreation areas of Essex county.
* parks of Union county.
* parks of Passaic county.
* Newark + Pequannock Watershed land.
* Palisades Interstate Park land.
* Wildlife management areas of the state of New Jersey.
Some or most forms of Bouldering would likely fall under these prohibitions.
For more info + links - - > See the main NorthEast NJ region page
Classic Climbing Routes at bouldering Northeast NJ
Days w Precip