Main Mama Wall Climbing
|GPS:||41.391, -72.099 Google Map · Climbing Area Map|
|Page Views:||3,862 total · 85/month|
|Shared By:||Davis Badger on Nov 6, 2018|
- NO jogging, organized sports, biking, camping, hunting, creating fires or driving vehicles within the Arboretum, as these activities are damaging to the ecology of the landscape.
- Jogging is permitted ONLY on the designated jogging trails between Rt. 32 and the Thames River or the paved roads on campus. Please limit jogging to the areas marked on the Arboretum Jogging Trails.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times. Owners are responsible for removal and disposal of their dogs’ wastes. Bags are provided at the entrance to the Native Plant Collection on Williams Street.
- Don't disturb or remove plant labels, they are used to educate the public and are essential for tracking specific trees throughout their lives.
- Don't remove plant material without permission from the Arboretum office.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be brought into the Arboretum.
In addition to these rules, BOLTING or DEVELOPING the climbing areas any further without express permission from the college is STRICTLY PROHIBITED!
The highest feature on the island with huge hand sized cracks and grippy gneiss. There are plenty of fun routes each with many interesting variations. Most routes on the Main Mama Wall are between 25-35ft high. The top of the cliff can be accessed by scrambling up some blocky chunks of rock on the far right side of the wall. Top ropes can be set up from a variety of trees and rocks on the top of the cliff. Climbing is mainly done using a variety of cracks and seams which range from beautiful jugs to heinous slopers. A 20-30m static rope will allow you to climb anything here, while certain routes can be top roped using just a few slings.
Classic Climbing Routes at Main Mama Wall
Days w Precip