All Locations > International > Europe > France > Northern Alps > Chamonix Mont B… > Mont Blanc + friends
Mont Blanc Climbing
|GPS:||45.833, 6.865 Google Map · Climbing Area Map|
|Page Views:||113 total · 14/month|
|Shared By:||kenr on Jul 10, 2017|
|Admins:||Euan Cameron, Luc-514|
Getting weather forecast...
DescriptionThe highest summit in non-far-east Europe. Roughly on the France-Italy boundary, and in Italian called "Monte Bianco".
Armies of people with minimal alpine climbing experience try to reach the top of the highest peak in non-far-east Europe.
Popular routes to the summit of MB from Chamonix include:
- Les Trois Monts Blancs - 3MB - ("three Mont Blancs", because it crosses Mont Blanc du Tacul and Mont Maudit along the way to MB).
- Arete Nord de Dome du Gouter / Grands Mulets glacier - favored by ski mountaineers.
Popular or classic routes from France farther south include:
- Gouter / Arete des Bosses route (via the Aiguille du Gouter and Refuge du Gouter hut from the cog railway up from the town of St-Gervais-les-Bains - [see this route description].
- Continuing from traverse over Aiguille de Bionossay peak from Refuge Durier hut.
Popular or classic routes from Italy include:
- Brenva spur / Éperon de la Brenva - (also can be reached from Chamonix by Aiguille du Midi lift).
- Peuterey ridge - famously long and difficult - [see this Route page on MP]
- Aiguilles Grises - not as difficult, very spectacular.
Getting ThereDifferent access points for different routes:
3MB: from Aiguille du Midi lift and Refuge des Cosmiques hut.
North Ridge of Dome du Gouter or Grands Mulets glacier: from Plan de l'Aiguille lift and Refuge des Grands Mulets hut (or by "animal" ski mountaineers from the MB Tunnel west entrance).
Gouter route: Start from cog railway up from town of St-Gervais-les-Bains.
Days w Precip
Prime Climbing Season
- No Photos -