Rocca Sbarua Rock Climbing
Granitic gneiss and a sunny aspect make this location a pleasant outing in cooler weather making the bumper seasons the prime time to climb at this locale.
21 sectors on a variety of formations with multi pitch climbing the raison d’être. Of course single pitch and even some bouldering are also available.
Mountain biking, hiking and paragliding are also popular activities in this area.
A local mountain hut is a lodging option: Casa Canada -Rifugio Melano.
Some of the more popular venues:
- Torrioni di Rubinetto e Alice: Tupac amaru, Like a rolling stone
- Bianciotto: Spigolo Bianciotto
- Torre del Bimbo: Osteria del viandante, Variante
- Cinquetti: Cornetti ala crema, La Mandibola, Analcolica, Cinquetti, Rio plano
- Torrione del Condor: Ciapa e tira
- Normale: Torinesi, Normale + passaggio del grotto
- Rivero: Nani acidi, Rivero
- Spigolo Centrale: Gervasutti ronco, Spigolo central, Scuola Paolo Giordano
Etc etc etc
Park at the lot prior to town and take the path passing between the houses and going to the Colle Ciardonet pass. The rocks are visible from this pass. Follow signs for Rocca Sbarua and the hut Rifugio Melano (Casa Canada) and arrive in about 30 to 40 minutes from the car park. The climbing sectors stretch out above the rifugio.
Days w Precip