AAA Crag Rock Climbing
|GPS:||39.743, -105.251 Google Map · Climbing Area Map|
|Page Views:||5,364 total · 107/month|
|Shared By:||Monomaniac on Feb 27, 2016|
|Admins:||Leo Paik, John McNamee, Frances Fierst, Monty, Monomaniac|
Raptor Closures Effective February 1-July 31
Tunnel 1 closure
For more details visit: jeffco.us/open-space/alerts…
The two areas Jefferson County Open Space intends to close in Clear Creek Canyon, shown on the attached maps, encompass the active eagle nests. If the Clear Creek eagles continue to nest in the active nests, these areas will remain closed from February 1 through July 31. If the eagles choose different nesting sites, the closures will be adjusted accordingly to protect those eagles during their breeding season.
Currently, rock climbing areas that fall inside of the seasonal raptor closures include:
Per the rockfall mitigation project has been completed. Marked as archived / Project Status: Complete on CODOT.
Project Work Resumes Nov. 13 Following Summer Shutdown
On Tuesday, Nov. 13, crews will resume work on this project, starting with rockfall mitigation on US 6 from mile points 260 to 272. Remaining work, anticipated to be completed in April 2019, includes:
scaling rock; removing scaled rock; and installing rock reinforcement, rock anchors, mesh anchors, and 160,000 squat feet of wire mesh.
Most climbers will want to visit this crag during baseball season (say, early April through late October) to take advantage of the shade. That said, the west wall can be nice and toasty on sunny winter afternoons, and the north wall seems to be relatively sheltered from the wind, making it a viable cold-weather option for those in search of “sending temps.”
NOTE: The proper name for this crag is unknown. "AAA Crag" is used here as a placeholder until the proper name is determined.
Routes L -> R:
1. Albuquerque Isotopes, 5.13, 40', 4 bolts, 2 bolt anchor.
2. Unknown 1, 5.11+, 40', 5 bolts, 2 bolt anchor (begins on #1, traverse right, finishes on #3, shares anchor with #3).
3. Rusty Bridges, 5.13+, 40', 5 bolts, 2 bolt anchor (shares last bolt and anchor with #4).
4. AAA, 5.11-, 40', 5 bolts, 2 bolt anchor (shares last bolt and anchor with #3).
5. Unknown 2, 5.10, 40', 3 bolts + gear, 2 bolt anchor (shared with #6).
6. Unknown 3, 5.10, 40', 2 bolts + gear, 2 bolt anchor (shared with #5).
Classic Climbing Routes at AAA Crag
Days w Precip