The Orchards Bouldering
|GPS:||37.569, -89.191 Google Map · Climbing Area Map|
|Page Views:||5,821 total · 80/month|
|Shared By:||Dave Hug on Apr 7, 2015|
|Admins:||Aaron Mc, Dave Hug|
This is a cool area with great boulder problems.
1. Turn South on Albart Rd. from Stonefort Rd/Giant City Lodge Rd.
2. Drive 0.4 miles until the road "T's".
3. Turn left on Giant City Park Rd. and follow for EXACTLY 2.4 miles.
4. Pull off on right side of road.
There will be a faint clearing/pull-off (overgrown in the summer)
1. From the pull-off, hike straight down hurl, angling slightly right if anything for approx. 5 minutes.
2. There will be a small creek/drainage that you will be following that eventually leads to the top of "cliff".
3. From there follow the top of cliff right, for a few minutes (walking on exposed stone).
4. You should eventually see a rock corn, marking the way down and left into the canyon (or just get down whenever you can).
5. From there, walk the rock back and left until you see the bouldering cave.
Probably a little epic finding your way during the summer. It should take 10 minutes, top, if done correctly. Can't really describe any better.....
Classic Climbing Routes at The Orchards
Days w Precip