Megalithic Rock Climbing
|GPS:||37.521, -118.573 Google Map · Climbing Area Map|
|Page Views:||6,167 total · 59/month|
|Shared By:||Alex Shainman on Mar 21, 2014 · Updates|
|Admins:||Euan Cameron, Aron Quiter, Mike Morley, Adam Stackhouse, Justin Johnsen, Vicki Schwantes, Salamanizer Ski|
1) Never park or camp overnight at the access points.
2) Always park off the pavement, taking great care to avoid blocking the gates.
3) Clean up after your dogs. (Local climbers are finding abandoned doggie poop bags.)
4) Pack out all trash and TP, including picking up after others.
5) Use the outhouses if at all possible.
To stop trail erosion directly under the routes, please approach from the old penstock by going up the boulders a short distance before following a contouring trail rightward across the hillside.
Once at the base, scramble up an easy corner to a large sandy ledge where the routes proper start. Using either of the belays on the left to rappel is the easiest means of descending.
Classic Climbing Routes at Megalithic
Days w Precip