Bald Rock Basin Bouldering
|GPS:||41.339, -73.407 Google Map · Climbing Area Map|
|Page Views:||134,234 total · 1,398/month|
|Shared By:||Morgan Patterson on Sep 18, 2012|
There are also a handful of short 30-50 ft routes detailed here:
1. Pull straight in to park AND park closely to others to maximize space
2. DO NOT PARK ON THE ROAD!
3. Do NOT blast your radio on this road or parking lot
4. Drive slowly there are kids in the neighborhood
5. Be respectful and courteous of neighbors
6. Please wave and smile at the police when they drive by patrolling
7. Remember to be safe and have lots of fun... and join the Redding Land Trust and help support this great climbing area.
If the parking lot is full please visit one of the other local areas like Huntington State Park, Tree Tops, Bethel CT, Great Ledge, etc.
There's a small parking lot for Bald Rock Basin located at the end of John Todd Way in Redding, CT. From the parking lot follow the blue blazed trail North. Continue North at the junction and follow sign to Bald Rock. From Bald Rock, one can hop over to the backside and continue NW and then N into the basin area. Looking at a topo will help orient yourself. Any questions please feel free to PM me. If there are any issues please let me know, I have a relationship with the town of Bethel (owners) and work with the Access Fund as the Regional Coordinator.
Classic Climbing Routes at Bald Rock Basin
Days w Precip