Left Wall of Pha Daeng Mountain Rock Climbing
|GPS:||18.924, 102.434 Google Map · Climbing Area Map|
|Page Views:||1,767 total · 18/month|
|Shared By:||Gunkswest on Aug 2, 2012|
Much of this section of cliff stays dry in the rain.
1) Walk south (away from downtown) until you reach the suspension bridge that crosses the river.
2) Cross the Namsong Bridge (toll of 4,000 Kip/person RT as of August 2012) and walk about 100 yards to an intersection.
3) Turn right (up river) and go about 50 yards. The road will turn left (away from the river).
4) Walk along this flat road, which leaves the houses and goes by rice paddies.
5) At the next house that you come to on the right (upstream; north) side of the road (see picture), you'll leave the road. Pass through a private yard (store on the left and house on the right; access fee is 2,000 Kip/person per day as of August 2012; ask them for a key to the gate that you'll encounter shortly).
6) Follow a fence line back (away from the road) and to the right through a papaya plantation. After about 2-300 yards you'll come to a locked gate on your left in the fenceline.
7) Go through the gate (make sure it is closed and locked behind you) and follow a flat trail about 100 yards to a creekbed.
8) Turn right (downstream) in the creekbed. Climb over a fence across the creekbed (ladder on right side) and continue a short distance downstream.
9) Exit the creekbed on the left (mountain side) and follow a flat trail about 50 yards through the jungle. If all has gone well, you should now be at the base of a steep, jungle covered talus field.
10) Follow the trail up through the boulders to reach the right side of the Main Wall.
To reach the Left Wall, walk left (roughly west) along the base of the cliff, going down and right into a pit at one point. Soon you'll see the red painted route names left behind by the Hot Rock Tour in 2009. The Left Wall is to the left of these routes.
Days w Precip