Walker River Canyon Climbing
|GPS:||38.403, -119.454 Google Map · Climbing Area Map|
|Page Views:||16,579 total · 158/month|
|Shared By:||Gunkswest on Jul 4, 2012|
|Admins:||Aron Quiter, Euan Cameron, AWinters, Mike Morley, Adam Stackhouse, Salamanizer suchoski, Justin Johnsen, Vicki Schwantes|
- Starting at the Shell gasoline station at the north end of Bridgeport, CA, drive north on Highway 395 for about 17 miles to the Sonora Pass turn-off.
- Continue north on Highway 395 for another 4 miles, passing the US Forest Service Child Flat Campground to reach the South Buttress (about 21 miles total from Bridgeport).
- Park in the large pullout on the west (left) side of Highway 395, directly in front of the South Buttress or continue 0.6 miles north to reach the North Buttress.
From the north:
- Starting in the town of Walker at the Walker Burger restaurant, drive south on Highway 395 for roughly 9.3 miles, passing the US Forest Service Bootleg Campground.
- Park in the large pullout on the west (right) side of Highway 395, directly in front of the North Buttress or continue 0.6 miles south to reach the South Buttress.
Classic Climbing Routes at Walker River Canyon
Days w Precip