El Camino Rock Climbing
Routes in El Camino
|Agoria S 5.11a 6c 22 VII+ 22 E3 5c|
|Ben Abente S 5.11c 6c+ 24 VIII- 24 E4 6a|
|Billy el Rapido S 5.12a 7a+ 25 VIII+ 25 E5 6a|
|Bugs Bunny S 5.10c 6b 20 VII 20 E2 5b|
|Conejo Caliente S 5.12a 7a+ 25 VIII+ 25 E5 6a|
|Felipe el Hermoso S 5.11b 6c 23 VIII- 23 E3 5c|
|Futuras Promises S 5.11b 6c 23 VIII- 23 E3 5c|
|La Larva S 5.11d 7a 24 VIII 25 E5 6a|
|Los Loros S 5.11b 6c 23 VIII- 23 E3 5c|
|Mas Tortura S 5.12a 7a+ 25 VIII+ 25 E5 6a|
|Orgasmica S 5.12a/b 7b 26 VIII+ 26 E5 6a|
|Para Mis Amigos S 5.10c 6b 20 VII 20 E2 5b|
|Que Majete S 5.9 5c 17 VI 17 HVS 5a|
|Sonrisa Vertical S 5.10d 6b+ 21 VII+ 21 E3 5b|
|Tarzanin de Muniellos S 5.12a 7a+ 25 VIII+ 25 E5 6a|
|Toma Costanazo S 5.12a 7a+ 25 VIII+ 25 E5 6a|
|Vlur S 5.11b 6c 23 VIII- 23 E3 5c|
|Yo Que Me Se S 5.10d 6b+ 21 VII+ 21 E3 5b|
|Zwo S 5.11b 6c 23 VIII- 23 E3 5c|
|GPS:||42.288, -0.079 Google Map · Climbing Map|
|Page Views:||2,694 total, 27/month|
|Shared By:||LeeAB Brinckerhoff on Sep 22, 2009|
DescriptionThis west facing wall is the spot to warm up. It is not uncommon for there to be more than 20 people at this cliff, there are however about 30 routes so while crazy it works. The rock is layered in a way which leads to many incut holds on the steep wall. For the most part the rock is great, all the choss has been cleaned by the constant traffic that the routes receive.
The guide for the wall and the updates available are inacurate. The best idea is that all the tall routes on the right side of the wall are 5.12 a or b with the exception of one 5.12c (Jurria de los Perros) in the middle and one or two easier routes at the far right. All the routes on the shorter left hand end of the wall are 5.10+ through 5.11+. Just get on what is open and looks good.
Here is a list of routes from left to right (as of Dec 2009). Routes with plaques are indicated. Many of these plaques are very difficult to find:
1. Que Majete, 5, plaque.
2. Agoria, 6b+, plaque. Left of blue streak.
3. ZWO, 6c, plaque. Right of blue streak.
4. Bugs Bunny, 6a+, plaque.
5. Felipe el Hermoso, 6c. Gray tufa at start.
6. Futuras Promesas, 6c. At right end of a low ledge.
7. Mas Tortura, 7a+. Flake at start
8. Ven Abente, 6c+. Tufa start, left of dark brown streak.
9. Yo Que me Se, 6b.
10. Para Mis Amigos, 6a+, plaque. Begin above boulder, at undercling flake.
11. Sonrisa Vertical, 6b.
12. Vlur, 6c.
13. La Llarva, 7a.
14. Los Lores, 6c.
15. Vidal, 6c. Immediately left of bush.
16. Bonny, 6b+. Shares start with "Clyde", goes left. Begins immediately right of bush.
17. Clyde, 6b. Shares start with "Bonny", goes right. Begins immediately right of bush.
18. Good Txingu Good, 6b+. Right of high seam/crack
19. Tarzanin de Muniellos, 7a+.
20. El Pupas, 7b. Begin at left end of low ledge.
21. Lo Tienes Claro, 7b.
22. Conejo Caliente, 7a+.
23. Toma Castanazo, 7a+, plaque. Gray, left-facing flake at start.
24. La Jauria de Perros, 7b+, plaque.
25. Billy el Rapido, 7a+.
26. Orgasmica, 7b, plaque. Right-facing orange flake 8' up.
27. El Psaciclico, 7b. Shares start with "Estampida", goes left.
28. Estampida, 7b. Shares start with "El Psaciclico", goes right.
29. Donde esta Wally?, 6c+. Left-facing flake at start.
30. La Tenada, 6c+. Gray streak at start.
31. Knuff, 6b, plaque.
32. Espartanas, grade unknown (looks easy), plaque.
Getting ThereFrom the sign panel at the top of the canyon turn right up through some homes then back left along a higher trail that follows the rim of the canyon. Eventually the trail will drop down two switch backs and the wall will be obvious just infront of you, it rises right out of the edge of the trail so you can't miss it.
Classic Climbing Routes at El Camino
Mountain Project's determination of the classic, most popular, highest rated climbing routes in this area.
Days w Precip
Prime Climbing Season