Los Alamos Crags Climbing
|GPS:||35.88, -106.296 Google Map · Climbing Area Map|
|Page Views:||65,963 total · 397/month|
|Shared By:||Anthony Stout on Feb 28, 2008|
|Admins:||Jason Halladay, Anthony Stout, LeeAB Brinckerhoff, Marta Reece, Drew Chojnowski|
- The Dungeon: The best and most popular crag nearby. Premier overhung rhyolite sport climbing in a beautiful setting. A great summer area.
- The Back Rocks: North of Clifty in upper Rendia Canyon with about 20 routes.
- Clifty: A Rhyolite crag near the town of Los Alamos. A nice get-away for locals.
- Upper Clifty: On the top of The Clifty Hill and can be seen from the north community of Los Alamos.
- Y, The: hosts 45' crack climbs in a narrow portion of lower Los Alamos Canyon. A good choice for basalt climbing in Los Alamos/White Rock in the summer.
- Los Alamos Canyon: A selection of ice and rock climbs can be found in Los Alamos Canyon, just south of the town of Los Alamos.
- School Canyon: A vast tuff crag with lots of potential for route development and lots of fun bouldering. Most of the routes are pretty short but tend to offer stiff and entertaining climbing.
- Pueblo Canyon: Decent quality streambed bouldering area as well as longer cracks on less-than-perfect rock.
- other undocumented areas: Lots of excellent bouldering and other climbing can be found in the hills and canyons near Los Alamos for those willing to explore. Go find it!
Classic Climbing Routes at Los Alamos Crags
Days w Precip