Upper Gorge Rock Climbing
|GPS:||37.527, -118.575 Google Map · Climbing Area Map|
|Page Views:||292,588 total · 1,612/month|
|Shared By:||Tom Helvie on Jul 20, 2006 · Updates|
|Admins:||Aron Quiter, Euan Cameron, AWinters, Mike Morley, Adam Stackhouse, Salamanizer suchoski, Vicki Schwantes, Justin Johnsen|
1) Never park or camp overnight at the access points.
2) Always park off the pavement, taking great care to avoid blocking the gates.
3) Clean up after your dogs. (Local climbers are finding abandoned doggie poop bags.)
4) Pack out all trash and TP, including picking up after others.
5) Use the outhouses if at all possible.
Use the Upper Gorge parking lot, hike down the upper power plant road for a couple minutes looking for a steep trail down to the right. This trail leads into a 3rd class gully and then down a steep rocky trail.
This is a well traveled trail marked with a large cairn at the top. If you find yourself descending down very loose scree and talus with only a hint of footsteps turn back, you are going down the wrong way.
The page shows the coordinates for around the north parking area.
Classic Climbing Routes at Upper Gorge
Days w Precip