|GPS:||34.487, -119.303 Google Map · Climbing Area Map|
|Page Views:||275,762 total · 1,729/month|
|Shared By:||M. Morley on Feb 13, 2006|
|Admins:||andy patterson, M. Morley, Adam Stackhouse, Salamanizer suchoski, Justin Johnsen, Vicki Schwantes|
The 2-lane California Highway 33 branches off from the 101 freeway in Ventura and winds itself north, skirting the quaint town of Ojai. If you are driving north from Ventura, the crags are in the following sequence:
- Foothill Crag ("The Foot") - just off the 33, near Ojai
- Wheeler Gorge (aka Twin Tunnels) - 21.0 miles from the intersection of Hwy 101 and CA-33.
- Sespe Gorge (Black Wall) - 34.0 miles from the intersection of Hwy 101 and CA-33.
- Potrero John (1/4 mile up from Sespe Gorge/Black Wall)
- The Fortress (1/2 mile up from Sespe Gorge/Black Wall)
- Pine Mountain - east of Hwy 33, north of Pine Mountain Inn, and 52.5 miles from the intersection of Hwy 101 and CA-33.
Classic Climbing Routes at Hwy 33/Ojai
Mountain Project's determination of the classic, most popular, highest rated climbing routes in this area.
Days w Precip
Prime Climbing Season