|GPS:||34.448, -119.68 Google Map · Climbing Area Map|
|Page Views:||802,665 total · 4,543/month|
|Shared By:||EricT on Jan 31, 2006|
|Admins:||andy patterson, M Morley, Adam Stackhouse, Salamanizer suchoski, Justin Johnsen, Vicki Schwantes|
The rock is soft, and softer when wet, so please respect the one day of drying for each day of rain rule.
Guidebooks currently available in local stores:
- Rock Climbing Santa Barbara & Ventura by Steve Edwards (well put together and still quite complete, covers roped routes as well as the major bouldering areas)
- Ocean's Eleven - Bouldering around Santa Barbara by Bob Banks (brand spankin' new!)
And a guidebook not currently available in stores, but obtainable on Ebay, Amazon, etc:
- "Climbing! Santa Barbara, Ventura, San Luis Obispo" by Steve Tucker and Kevin Steele. A fabulous text that pays ample homage to Santa Barbara's traditional roots. A little outdated in some areas, but a gem of adventurous and off-the-beaten-track routes nonetheless. It's out of print, so happy searching!
Here's some additional climbing related links with a local flair:
- www.king-dino.com: catalogue of climbing and assorted adventure from guidebook author Bob Banks.
- www.crankenstein.com: let burly sport climber and Owl Tor afficionado Elijah Ball show you what's rad, and what's not. Topics range from climbing to freediving to weightlifting.
Classic Climbing Routes at Santa Barbara
Days w Precip