You get bored in a flatland city, ya know?

By Dylan Dwyer
From Missouri
Nov 8, 2012
after OS soloing the first flat iron, direct route

the cop was actually pretty nice about it. just the typical safety talk (since he did this for boyscouts and knows all about it). bad quality video, but i wasn't the one taping! oh yeah, i suck at crack climbing...

flame on.

By Jeremy Riesberg
From Boulder, CO
Nov 8, 2012
Palisaid, SD.

Haha that was pretty awesome. What would you grade it?

By NC Rock Climber
From The Oven, AKA Phoenix
Nov 8, 2012
tanuki

What a fun video! Good for you for getting after it and making do with what you have available!

By Nick Stayner
From The Magic City
Nov 8, 2012
Nick Stayner near the crux. Ryan Minton photo.

Very nice!

By Andy Day
From London, UK
Nov 9, 2012

Awesome stuff. I've just posted this in the forum over on buildering.net and to be honest, we'd love to get some more details on the ascent. If you fancy writing something up, I'll post it to the front page. :)

More please. ;)

Andy.

By Dirty Gri Gri, or is it GiGi?
From Vegas
Nov 9, 2012
Growing a winter coat in Red Rock Canyon- December 2013.

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

The cop was pretty cool, but I couldn't help but imagine how some trigger happy cops in Vegas might have reacted to one's buildering.:( That'd totally suck to be tased off the climb, and arrested on such a fine splitter crack...

With that being said, thank goodness we have Red Rock in our backyard in Sin City!

By Dylan Dwyer
From Missouri
Nov 10, 2012
after OS soloing the first flat iron, direct route

Thanks for the positive response guys! As I was placing my first piece a woman looked at me and immediately pulled out her cell phone so I'm guessing that's who called the police. But I couldn't believe I got off Scott free. My friend belaying me was pissed he didn't get to climb it. And the cop said to ask for permission next time! It started with wide hands then at the top 15 ft was an overcammed 3 but perfect hands so no pro needed. Another perfect hand crack in another corner is still awaiting a FA. I placed 3 3s btw. And thanks Andy for spreading the vid!

By Jon Zucco
From Denver, CO
Nov 10, 2012
yaak crack Red Rock Canyon, NV

Dude, nice work! How'd you clean the gear?

By Zack S.
From Prescott, AZ
Nov 10, 2012
Me

Nice send, but you should be charged with a felony for wearing those hand jammies.

By Monty
From Golden, CO
Nov 10, 2012
Just a teaser

Zack S. wrote:

AHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA

By Dylan Dwyer
From Missouri
Nov 11, 2012
after OS soloing the first flat iron, direct route

Zack S. wrote:

pshh. those ain't hand jammies, that's the last 3 feet of tape we had after i forgot my tape gloves at home. had to scrounge for that too.

that crack is about 4 ft deep so i just walked the cam through to the garage side after i untied myself and dropped the rope

By Burghschred
From Bend, OR
Nov 11, 2012

Dylan Dwyer wrote:

So... you lied to the cop? I mean, obviously it's safer to just top out than lower on a cam, but you didn't have to top out to retrieve them with that method, correct?

By Dylan Dwyer
From Missouri
Nov 12, 2012
after OS soloing the first flat iron, direct route

Correct. I told a fib so that I could finish the crime. First time he told me to come down I was thinking, then said, "man I've gotta go to the top"

By Burghschred
From Bend, OR
Nov 14, 2012

Dylan Dwyer wrote:
Correct. I told a fib so that I could finish the crime.

youtu.be/VL4xRwl1f3A