What does your Woody look like???
   Page 1 of 22.  1  2  3  4  5   Next>   Last>>

By Monty
From Golden, CO
Nov 20, 2009
Just a teaser

my woody
my woody

my woody's anchor
my woody's anchor

By Jacob Krenn
Nov 20, 2009
Jacob Krenn working his way up the Incredible Hulk on a (failed) attempt of Positive Vibrations.

My Woody is 20' feet long, and about 2.5-3" wide... and made of steel... and 2" X 10"'s....

My Woody is a crack machine!

By Andrew James C
From Portland, OR
Nov 20, 2009
Wide abgle!

Is that just bolted at the top? I've been thinking making one in the garage.

By Evan S
From Erie, CO
Nov 20, 2009
Me, of course

Let's hope no one takes the title of this thread the wrong way and posts a pic most of us don't want to see.

By Woodchuck ATC
Nov 20, 2009
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008

4 sided 'storage shed' is what I told the village code inspector this was. Duuuuh,,. Some holds have been out there in the weather for over 14 years now.

West face and the upper wall attachments.
West face and the upper wall attachments.

Old paint job and upper deck view.
Old paint job and upper deck view.

By Monty
From Golden, CO
Just a teaser

Andrew C wrote:
Is that just bolted at the top? I've been thinking making one in the garage.

sure is Andrew. By doing it this way its easy, minimal impact on a house/ appartment (if installed correctly) and can allow adjustable steepness. Stole the idea from a buddy and its awesome for winter

By Andrew James C
From Portland, OR
Wide abgle!

Cool I like the simpleness considering I don't have the skills or money to make anything too spectacular. Thanks for shareing!

By DaveB
Vitruvian Man (da Vinci)

Basement bouldering wall.
Basement bouldering wall.

Roof
Roof

My young son.
My young son.

By Dan S.
From Lakewood, CO
Nov 21, 2009
I was reminded by a fallen dead tree that most climbing accidents occur on the descent.

My first home wall.  More to come.
My first home wall. More to come.

My wall is 8' wide and 45 degrees with a vertical height of 8'-6". There is an additional 2' vertical section ending in the rafters which makes for great finish holds and hand traverses. Obviously the number of holds is lacking. All in due time.

By Monty
From Golden, CO
Just a teaser

These are Awesome guys!. Dave that basement looks very well done.
Dan - I used to have a wall just like that in Lakewood too, good work guys, the winter is near

By Jason Gilbert
From Lakewood
Nov 21, 2009
...And a few Push-ups just for fun.

Home wall 3
Home wall 3

Dry tool training day at the good old home gym.
Dry tool training day at the good old home gym.

Good work guys.

By Aimee Bates
Gripped...

Monty wrote:
Stole the idea from a buddy

I knew I recognized it ; )

By Rschap
From Grand Junction, CO
Nov 21, 2009

I need to get some better pictures of it but right now I'm storing some stuff from inside the house out there while we remodel. On the right side is a 6 wide vertical wall and a 90deg dihedral the left side is a 6 wide 45 deg wall, the roof is 8X10. The whole thing is 10 tall. I have 7 layers of carpet padding and carpet on the floor. Its completely free standing steel frame.

Vertical wall
Vertical wall

--- Invalid image id: 106607639 ---

Left
Left

Baby roof
Baby roof

By Rschap
From Grand Junction, CO
Nov 21, 2009

Man my picture taking sucks today, the top picture needs to rotate counterclockwise and the second one needs to rotate clockwise a couple of deg. The seams in the plywood should be horizontal so just tip your screen, I dont feel like photochopping it, sorry.

By Woodchuck ATC
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008

Jason Gilbert wrote:
I like my home wall, I wish it was a little bigger, but it works and it's great in the winter. But, Some of your walls are awesome. WoodChuck, that it the coolest home wall I've seen, and Dave your basement looks great. I'm planning on wraping my wall around the corner and down the next wall a bit like that, but not for awhile. Good work guys.

I like the duct tape work in the corners. Classy! My wall has grown and changes shapes over the last 15 years. It got 2nd place award for home-woody in Urban Climber contest held during their first year in print. It is a shockingly huge structure for a backyard, that's for sure. 26 ft high when the fold-down roof pieces go up.

By Jason Gilbert
From Lakewood
Nov 21, 2009
...And a few Push-ups just for fun.

No, you can't see the duct tape, that holds it all together on the backside of the wall.

The grey stripes you see are concrete grout. I used it to fill some gaps in corners and between sheets of plywood, plus it adds great texture and the gaps act like finger cracks.

By JML

Evan Simons wrote:

By Woodchuck ATC
Nov 22, 2009
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008

Uhh, that is some awesome wood there. Jason, I like the grout or concrete idea for texture in the corners. My money went to Nicros for buckets of texture-goo and their overpriced holds.

By Sam Lightner, Jr.
From Lander, WY
Nov 22, 2009
The Shield

"It looks just like a telefunkin U47...you'll love it". FZ

By Dirty Gri Gri, or is it GiGi?
From Vegas
Nov 22, 2009
Growing a winter coat in Red Rock Canyon- December 2013.

JML, that's not a woody... not IMHO, that is. I have a few creative ideas up my sleeve on how to build one, though. I have pictures; PM me.

By Shawn Mitchell
From Broomfield
Nov 22, 2009
Splitter Jams on the Israel/Palestine Security Wall.

Dirty Gri Gri, or is it GiGi wrote:
I have a few creative ideas up my sleeve on how to build one.

Build or arrange?

(Couldn't quite bring myself to say "or erect?")

By Dirty Gri Gri, or is it GiGi?
From Vegas
Nov 22, 2009
Growing a winter coat in Red Rock Canyon- December 2013.

I knew you'd come up with better terminology.

Edit: posted on I-phone, in my car at red light with cop staring me.

By Shawn Mitchell
From Broomfield
Nov 22, 2009
Splitter Jams on the Israel/Palestine Security Wall.

prepare! produce!

Drive safely.

By Andrew James C
From Portland, OR
Nov 22, 2009
Wide abgle!

Woodchuck ATC wrote:

HAHA I knew the thread would come to this! I'm sure everyone tried hard to stay away from the woody jokes but it just didn't quite get there.

By Joe Huggins
From Grand Junction
Nov 22, 2009
mmmm....tree

Sam Lightner...I was gonna write that-glad somebody did.

By JML
Nov 22, 2009

I am so sorry that I ruined this thread. Please accept my apologies...I'll stick to posting worthwhile photos from now on.

Page 1 of 22.  1  2  3  4  5   Next>   Last>>