Walker River Canyon
||Recent | Best | Popular
|Location: ||38.40273, -119.45365 View Map Incorrect?
|Page Views: ||3,568|
|Administrators: ||Aron Quiter, John Robinson, Euan Cameron, AWinters, M.Morley, Adam Stackhouse, Salamanizer, Justin Johnsen, Kristine Hoffman (sitewide)|
|Submitted By: ||Gunkswest on Jul 4, 2012|
These two small granite buttresses are located alongside Highway 395 between the towns of Bridgeport and Walker, California. The cliffs are clearly visible from the highway, are on the west side of the road and get morning sun. The approach to either buttress takes just a couple of minutes from the parking areas. Approximately 0.6 miles separates the North and South Buttresses.
From the south:
• Starting at the Shell gasoline station at the north end of Bridgeport, CA, drive north on Highway 395 for about 17 miles to the Sonora Pass turn-off.
• Continue north on Highway 395 for another 4 miles, passing the US Forest Service Child Flat Campground to reach the South Buttress (about 21 miles total from Bridgeport).
• Park in the large pullout on the west (left) side of Highway 395, directly in front of the South Buttress or continue 0.6 miles north to reach the North Buttress.
From the north:
• Starting in the town of Walker at the Walker Burger restaurant, drive south on Highway 395 for roughly 9.3 miles, passing the US Forest Service Bootleg Campground.
• Park in the large pullout on the west (right) side of Highway 395, directly in front of the North Buttress or continue 0.6 miles south to reach the South Buttress.
Weather station 13.9 miles from here
7 Total Routes
['4 Stars',0],['3 Stars',1],['2 Stars',2],['1 Star',4],['Bomb',0]
Featured Route For Walker River Canyon
Latest Regional Forum Messages