Visiting Alabama (Anniston). Partner Needed (now-mid Sept)!

By OlympicMtnBoy
Jul 28, 2014
So I'm here in Anniston for work for a couple months and I really need to get my climbing fix! I know, it's f'ing hot, but I wanna climb something, anything!

Work stranded me here without a car but I might be able to rent one if needed for a weekend. I was only able to bring my harness/shoes/helmet with me so we'll need to use your rack/rope.

I'm from Seattle and generally lead 5.10+ trad with the occaisional 11 but I'm not used to climbing in the heat and probably out of shape from the cafeteria food. I'm heppy to lead or follow whatever. Bouldering is good too although I suck at that.

Show an out of towner around and I'll buy the beer!!

By Brad "Stonyman" Killough
From Alabama
Jul 28, 2014
Starting the second section of Live to climb another day
Sand Rock near Colinsville is a good place to catch a climb. Climbers there usually are friendly and open to letting a fellow climber on their rope.

By Raul P
Jul 29, 2014
Stella!
Howdy,

Email me at piconeray at gmail dot com.

The temps are actually supposed to be pretty 'comfortable' this week.
As an alabamian who is trying to get out to the PNW, I'd be happy to show you around.

By Br'er Rabbit
From The Briar Patch
Jul 29, 2014
'Bred en bawn in a brier-patch, Brer Fox--bred en bawn in a brier-patch!'
Raul P knows the way, is safe, and will drink all the beer you'll give him.
Good resource there.

By OlympicMtnBoy
Aug 14, 2014
I'm meeting up with Raul on Sunday, anyone up for a climb or something this coming Saturday? I'm renting a car so I wanna make god use of the weekend!

By Paul Barnes
From Gainesville, Georgia
Aug 14, 2014
We prefer to call him Alphabet Ray.

By Jack-D
Aug 16, 2014
Actually just moved to Fort Payne myself and have been looking for a partner as well. Wish I had of checked this post earlier. I am thinking of checking out sand rock today. Have rope, draws and a light trad rack.