Um... Actually this year's reel rock is STELLAR

By JMo
From Tucson, AZ
Sep 21, 2012
vertebrae roof
Why is there so much inaccurate garbage on mp? Dunno. But file in that category negative reviews of this year's reel rock. Dura dura was fresh, even tho the subject has been done, this was a great new angle. Shark's fin was beyond this world. Off width British guys from their basement= loads of fun. Honnold 3.0. Needs no further explanation. Look, you wanna be a critic? Then go review restaurants or something. This is the heart and soul of climbing we are talking about. Reel rock brings our tribe together and gives us pure stoke.

By Keenan Waeschle
From Bozeman, MT
Sep 21, 2012
on top of the RNWF June 2012

By Dylan Weldin
From Austin, Texas
Sep 21, 2012
Summit of my first tower, the Rectory via Fine Jad...
Just watched it TWICE in a row in Durango and I AM SO STOKED!!! I did, however, miss Ueli and Gadd

The videography of the Sharma/ Ondra bit was stunning, especially the sweeping pan of Daila on that .14d

I also loved the close ups of Honnold's 5.13 free solo 60 foot "boulder". Everyone in the audience was gripped when they realized what he was standing on :)

There was not one person who walked out of our theatre un-stoked. In fact, this may apply now:

By Andrewprime1
From Salt Lake City, UT
Sep 21, 2012
Castleton Approach
Haha, the video is genius. But really, I can't wait to see Reel Rock 7! I think they always do a damn fine job, and they succeed at getting me stoked 100% of the time.

By NorCalNomad
From San Francisco
Oct 1, 2012
RR7 was freaking sweet and made me enjoy watching sport climbing.

By Sir Wanksalot
From County Jail
Dylan Weldin wrote:

I'm so STOKED now! AWESOME "news" clip from the swagger waggon dad!

By Colonel Mustard
From Reno, NV
Colonel Mustard

By S.Stelli
From Colorado Springs, CO
Colonel Mustard wrote:
I didn't go, so I don't know. But the Jesse Jackson meme made the thread for me. While I also like being stoked, one must never underlook the importance of feeling psyched.

HA!

Dont forget... once you have been stoked and are feeling quite psyched, get yourself all amped up! It helps you crush

By Brian Scoggins
From Eugene, OR
Oct 1, 2012
My only complaint about the whole experience was that Honnold's quip about himself being a douchebag could've happened about 10 minutes earlier, because that whole film was really unnerving to watch until he lightened it up.

Awesome set of flicks.

By Buff Johnson
smiley face
This is way more exciting than the pics of the guy that took a digger in cholla!!

By fossana
From Bishop, CA
Oct 1, 2012
downclimb off the First Flatiron photo by TooTallT...
JMo wrote:

Even the sport climbing film was good.

By Woodchuck ATC
Rock Wars, RRG, 2008
I'm good, as long as there isn't like 90% bouldering stuff in all of them. That is a bit too much,look for variety please.

By Tony T.
From Denver, CO
Oct 1, 2012
Getting up the Great Dihedral on Hallet Peak, RMNP...

By camhead
From Vandalia, Appalachia
Oct 1, 2012
You stay away from mah pig!
I think the fact that the OP here uses the terms "stellar," "tribe," and "stoke," puts him on shaky ground. If he were to just push it a bit more, say by typing "splitter," or "psyched," well... someone would have to flatrock the guy.

By Dan Felix
Oct 1, 2012
Getting serious for a second here.... I've not seen any of the previous Reel Rock films and my girlfriend and I are planning to go in a few days. The question I have is, how appropriate is RR7 for an 11 year-old since we are considering taking her daughter?

By Martin le Roux
From Superior, CO
Stairway to Heaven
Dan Felix wrote:

If she's the impressionable type that would be inspired by the Alex Honnold film to go and try soloing a 3000' cliff then you might want to stay away. Otherwise, there's no sex or nudity, no gratuitous violence, no disturbing imagery except for a fleeting glimpse of the damage that can be inflicted by off-width cracks, and only a few naughty words but nothing that most 11-year-olds wouldn't have heard before.

By Dan Felix
Martin le Roux wrote:

That's what I needed to know. Thanks!

By chuck claude
From Flagstaff, Az
Oct 1, 2012
First climb after knee surgery
As a single dad, i'd say there wasn't anything wrong for my two daughters.

I think itbwas. Well rounded. The quotes can be funny, like sharma thinking sharma is too old. Actually, the whole video of sharma and ondre ( forgive the misspelling) was REALLY good, and this coming from an old trad/ alpinist type of guy.

The sharksfin video was amazing, not only for the climbing, the scenery, but shows the value of partnerships. After all the crap that is happening on Everest, this is a refreshing look at how partners stand behind each other.

The Honnold video just reminds us that the guy is a mutant, and wonders how many pads are needed for a 60ft V10.

By Mark E Dixon
From Sprezzatura, Someday
At the BRC
Dan Felix wrote:

We took our 12 year old boys and they enjoyed it. A little bit of language, but nothing excessive.

By CJC
Dan Felix wrote:

she may be offended by Ondra's infantile tantrums

By Carl Sherven
Oct 1, 2012
That video reminded me of one of my favorite XKCDs.
Rad Ass-Hoodie
Rad Ass-Hoodie

By Brian Snider
From NorCal
Me
Ranar wrote:
RR7 was freaking sweet and made me enjoy watching sport climbing.

Lol I said the same thing to my girlfriend. I thought they were all great vids and Honnold was even there. He said he liked my BD shirt so I had him sign it. Yeeehaa!

By Andy Laakmann
Site Landlord
From Bend, OR
Oct 1, 2012
Racked and loaded... name that splitter behind me?...
I agree. It was really good.

I loved the fun they poked at Sharma.. lounging around in his bathroom in Spain. Pretty funny!

By Greg D
From Here
Oct 2, 2012
Out of the blue.  Photo by Mike W.
The showing this Friday in south Denver is only a third sold as of today.