Trash at Canal Zone

By Mike Carrington
From Centenntial
Sep 21, 2010
Stemming up the chimney

I visited the Canal Zone for the first time a few weeks ago and could not believe all the trash left by climbers, if that's what you call yourselves! It seems if it falls over the edge of the canal wall you so called climbers feel you don't have to go get it. Have some freaking respect and go get your trash. I even found print outs from this web site that I picked up and packed out. Pretty sad to see such a great area disrespected by the people who use it. Kirk put a lot of time, money and effort to put those routes in for us to enjoy, now show some respect.

By Crag Dweller
From New York, NY
Sep 21, 2010
My navigator keeps me from getting lost

A lot of non-climbers hike the trail along the aqueduct. I'm not saying climbers are completely innocent but, every time I've climbed there, 4 or 5 parties of non-climbers hiked past the crag.

And, based on some of the people I've seen, I'd say that a good number of people who use the trail are less than concerned about their impact on the environment.

By Mike Carrington
From Centenntial
Sep 22, 2010
Stemming up the chimney

Yeah I have seen the hikers and I don't see them dropping trash as they walk by. I also notice how all the trash is where the climbs are.

By Monty
From Golden, CO
Sep 22, 2010
Just a teaser

Trash is Bad Mmmm Kay.   <br />You shouldn't leave trash at the crag,  <br />because Trash is bad Mmmm kay?
Trash is Bad Mmmm Kay.
You shouldn't leave trash at the crag,
because Trash is bad Mmmm kay?

By mkeown
From Denver, CO
Sep 22, 2010
Profile

Seems about right for that place. Good thing its not at one of the good grags in CCC.

By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Sep 22, 2010
Bocan

Probably left by the folks that argue the most about bolting ethics...LOL

By Buff Johnson
Sep 22, 2010
smiley face

send out the vikings

By Jeremy Monahan
From Fort Fun, CO
Sep 22, 2010
View of Longs Peak from Mt. Alice, RMNP

A little off topic, but I was driving through CCC today and noticed just east of Canal Zone, there is a smashed car on the hillside. Anyone have a clue as to how it got there? I don't think lookout mountain road goes that far north, but I'm not too familiar with that area. I don't think it has been there that long, I've never noticed it before.

By Buff Johnson
Sep 22, 2010
smiley face

There is one from an accident a while ago -- yes, it came from the road above.