Todd Gordon Fundraiser April 21 2012

By Robert Fonda
Jan 11, 2012

GORDON FAMILY FUNDRAISER BUMP

BIG PARTY AT THE GORDON RANCH APRIL 21/ 2012

Once again, we are trying to raise some money to fix the roof at THE RANCH.

EVERYONE IS INVITED! Including Stonemasters, Uplanders, wanna-bes, Sheep Buggerers, those mysterious folk from San Diego, RADs, Banditos, Valley boys, Euros, Asians, Latinos, Mazamas, Vulgarians, Buff Alpine clubbers, Sierra Clubbers, American Alpine Clubbers and even Canadians and Newfoundlanders, not to mention people from Florida.

In the continuing philanthropic tradition we will be having a giant party at The Gordon residence on April 21, 2012. This year the goal will be to do major repairs on the roof of the main house at The Gordon Ranch. The brutal Joshua Tree weather and the many visitors have taken a toll on the house. They have one messed up roof with multiple leaks. The roofing crew of motivated locals is already set. We just need money for roofing materials the party and more.

Most of us know Todd Gordon, AKA "The Mayor of Josh," as one of the most giving humans in the So. Cal climbing community for the last 30 or so years. Chances are you have stayed at one of Todd's houses more than once while visiting Joshua Tree for it's world famous climbing....or you've climbed one of Todd's many, many classic and not so classic routes.... or maybe he even taught you to climb. I myself have been his guest more times than I can remember. We've showered, pooped, watched TV, camped, used the kitchen etc. there while visiting Todd, his family and our beloved Monument (JTNP).

This party is going to have a rocking band called "Warsaw." We are also honored to have world traveler Tony Yeary giving a slideshow with pics from the awesome mountains of Peru to our own awesome Sierra Nevada.

BYOB

We are looking for volunteers to help with food, setup and cleanup.

READ THIS PART! We are looking for cash and material donations. Cash in any amount is good. Material donations should be things that can be sold for cash. I will have a continuing sale/auction as this thread develops.

Please feel free to call or e-mail me regarding any questions you may have about this must attend event.

Cash donations can be Paypaled to me using my e-mail address which is:

devansbike@earthlink.net

Checks and material donations can be sent to me at:

TG Fund. c/o David Evans
1931 Rollingstone Ln.
Tustin, CA 92780

Please make checks out to David Evans so that I may deposit and transfer them to the TG fund.

call me at
714-492-2159

Thank You All.
dee ee

By susan peplow
From Joshua Tree
Jan 12, 2012
Beer Anyone?
The night of the Todd Gordon fundraiser we will also be having a silent auction and raffle.

- Need cool swag? Attend this event and bid heavily!
- Feeling lucky? Attend this event & buy lots of raffle tickets!
- Got neat stuff you'd like to see go to a good cause? Contact me!

Donations large & small can be sent to me directly. Please contact me through MP for details.

Thanks!

~Susan

By Robert Fonda
Jan 12, 2012
Thanks for making this a sticky Adam!

By susan peplow
From Joshua Tree
Jan 26, 2012
Beer Anyone?
Super cool items are coming in for the Silent Auction and hosted raffle of the Todd Gordon Fundraiser this April 21st.

For the most up-to-date status and ongoing sale items check the SuperTopo 2012 Spring Joshua Tree Party & Todd Gordon Family Fundraiser

Recent commitments include private donations by Robert & Hilde Fonda as well as RARE and LIMITED EDITION Arizona Guidebooks!

Join us on the mission, join us for the party! 4-21-12

By susan peplow
From Joshua Tree
Feb 12, 2012
Beer Anyone?
Superstitions Select guidebook has gone up for auction current bid (at Supertopo.com) is $35.00

Don't miss out on your opportuntiy to own this rare guidebook!

Proceeds go directly to Todd Gordon Fundraiser - bid today!
Proceeds go directly to Todd Gordon Fundraiser - bid today!

By Russ Walling
From www.FishProducts.com
Apr 10, 2012
Russ
More auctions going on here, right now! Really good stuff, and rare too!

gordonfest2012.blogspot.com/

By susan peplow
From Joshua Tree
Apr 10, 2012
Beer Anyone?
Click to enlarge
Click to enlarge

By Russ Walling
From www.FishProducts.com
Apr 15, 2012
Russ
New items! Just loaded up a gift certificate from Gear Co-Op valued at $100 and a gift certificate from La Sportiva worth up to $180 clams! Get on over there and bid on these and the other great items! Less than one week left. Ya snooze ya lose!

To see all the auctions running right now, click this link:
gordonfest2012.blogspot.com/search/label/auction

By Robert Fonda
Apr 15, 2012
Update:

gordonfest2012.blogspot.com/se...

By susan peplow
From Joshua Tree
Apr 18, 2012
Beer Anyone?
Wondering what EXACTLY is on the Silent Auction? Check this out then come to the Fest to Bid!

Gordon Family Fest - April 21, 2012 Auction Items!
Gordon Family Fest - April 21, 2012 Auction Items!

By Adam Stackhouse