The Great Greyrock Treasure Hunt!!

By Amanda Chapin
Oct 19, 2010
my dog.
As MP is busy finalizing their promised deletion of my profile I have decided to post a quick treasure hunt on here. The treasure is sadly sub-par (on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the COOLEST, it's about a 5.8). But treasures and treasure hunts are fun regardless...at least in my opinion.

Here's the deal.

When descending Greyrock via the Summit Trail you will go about 2/3 of the way down when you'll see the perfect heart rock lying directly in the middle of the trail. It will look like the attached picture. At this point you will look to your left and see a hollowed object. Go to the very top of this hollowed object and look inside. Your treasure awaits! If you hit the riverbed crossing you have gone too far. Happy hunting!

Perfect Heart Rock
Perfect Heart Rock

By Stich
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
Oct 19, 2010
Coffee after freezing our asses off near James Peak.
Why are you leaving our virtual campfire?

It was the lousy s'mores, wasn't it? Yeah, hard to get the chocolate to melt.

By Amanda Chapin
Oct 20, 2010
my dog.
Smores. I actually enjoy chocolate-free smores made in the convenience of a kitchen. Especially the microwaving part where the marshmallow blows up like 10x its size. Truly, this amazes me.

I don't think my profile will ever be terminated. I'm stuck with my embarrassing posts forever.

By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Oct 20, 2010
Bocan
Amanda Marie wrote:
I'm stuck with my embarrassing posts forever.

Shoot...I wish posts were all I had to worry about!! I make a idiot of myself almost daily and alcohol...crikes!!

By Kevin Landolt
From Fort Collins, Wyoming
Oct 20, 2010
Yeah I know what you mean - Today I told some chick that "You've Got Mail" was the only movie that had ever made me cry... Now I'm thinking about going out to buy a bottle of scotch and a hand-gun. Oh well. :(

By Amanda Chapin
Oct 21, 2010
my dog.

Tough crowd here @ MP. Tough crowd.

By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Oct 21, 2010
Bocan
Amanda Marie wrote:
I know, I know. There's just something about this site that reduces me to my most over-eager, attention-seeking, less-than-respectable self. Like really Amanda? A treasure hunt? Really? Is this your own personal kindergarten class? See, my posts seem so fun and clever in my little head during their conception and then I share them with the big bad internet world and I'm thrust into immediate post-postingpartum depression. Tough crowd here @ MP. Tough crowd.

You can always go over to RC.com where they bash you before you even open your mouth...

MP's are actually pretty tame. We like to philosophize, argue semantics and ethics here...were cultured!!

By Umph!
Oct 21, 2010
Hey, welcome back, Umph! Good to hear from you again!
Ah shucks, thanks man. . . it's good to be back.

Amanda, I'm not tracking. You're cute, you climb, you're young and healthy (?), you enjoy talking nonsense now and then. . . enjoy mucking up the water a bit. So freakin' what? If you were to ask me, I would tell you that you're too reserved.
Keep enjoying yourself girl, and don't let uptight gumbies make you feel, well, uptight!

If I had the time I'd go look inside your "hollowed object" - I'm sure there's wonderous things within - but, I have to work.
--------------------------------------------------

And Scott, just an FYI to help you better fill your role as an MP member:
It's "we're" more cultured. . . not, "were".
--------------------------------------------------

Okay, carry on then. And don't leave us Amanda, we can't afford to lose our cute girls!!

By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Oct 21, 2010
Bocan
Umph! wrote:
And Scott, just an FYI to help you better fill your role as an MP member: It's "we're" more cultured. . . not, "were".

Thanks for catching that grammatical omission. I'm actually exhausted today from being up late studying.

By Amanda Chapin
Oct 21, 2010
my dog.
Thanks UMPH. You're right - I am cute.

I'd like to call this thread over until someone finds the crappy treasure.

And lastly...

By Stich
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
Oct 21, 2010
Coffee after freezing our asses off near James Peak.
Amanda Marie wrote:
Thanks UMPH. You're right - I am cute. I'd like to call this thread over until someone finds the crappy treasure. And lastly... MP, don't delete me. I was a fool. I need you. My beauty, youth and health will inevitably fade but your threads will echo in eternity.

That's just the booze talking. But the booze is wise.

By Amanda Chapin
Oct 22, 2010
my dog.
It is the booze. Stitch - you are a wise man.
Sante Fe Penn State Porter. Delicious.

By Choss Chasin'
From Torrance, CA
Oct 22, 2010
Black Mountain
Amanda Marie wrote:

Wait, I thought our posts were supposed to be embarrassing...Oh man. Now where am I supposed to go to be an idiot? By the way you think people here make you feel dumb, you should try living with my wife!