Stolen Skis, etc. Lafayette

By Dan Mottinger
Feb 21, 2014
Me on the Summit of Castleton

I know it's a long shot but wanted to see if MP people may have seen anything fishy lately in used gear for sale.
I had several cross country/nordic skis stolen from a vehicle recently in Lafayette and am bummed ALL my nordic skis are gone now.

Here's a list of what's missing (some real classics in here):
-Karhu 205ish waxable Nordic skis with metal edges. Mounted with three pin bindings. White colored.
-Karhu 180ish skate skis -- Salomon NNN bindings. White topsheet.
-Karhu/Trax Bushwacker 180ish backcountry nordic skis. These are pretty distinct and have a blue topsheet. They don't have metal edges and have fish scales. Salomon NNN bindings.
-Unmounted 195-205ish Atomic telemark race skis--these are pretty narrow and more of a nordic style.

There might also be a red metolius crashpad cover-only missing.
Along with a spare tire, jack, etc.

Let me know if you happen to see anything like this for sale locally!

Thanks, Dan

By GLD
Feb 21, 2014

Who steals cross country gear?

By The Blueprint Part Dank
Feb 21, 2014
Bohemian grove

What part of Lafayette? Were you using street parking? I work a lot in that area. It's an interesting mix of super low income trailer parks and super high end new developments.

Try giving EZ Pawn Lafayette a call at (303) 665-8497. They're located close to some of the sketchier areas of Lafayette, you might get lucky if you gave them a description of the gear.

By Dan Mottinger
Feb 24, 2014
Me on the Summit of Castleton

yeah, stealing a bunch of old skis was pretty lame.

Thanks for the idea, I did stop by at the pawn shop to check. They were taken from a not so nice part of town...

By Tony B
From Around Boulder, CO
Feb 26, 2014

GLD wrote:
Who steals cross country gear?

People who don't know what it is but think they can get $3 for it.
Some people are pretty shitty.

Sorry Dan, hope it comes back up.

By fossana
From Boulder, CO
Feb 26, 2014
West Overhang

Sorry to hear Dan. Hope you track them down.

By Marc H
From Lafayette, CO
Feb 26, 2014

I think there's a group of kids running around Lafayette stealing shit from easy-to-access vehicles, though I have a hard time seeing this particular group stealing XC ski gear.

A few months ago my GF and I both accidentally left our cars unlocked in my driveway and they stole some change from both cars and missed about $30 worth of cash from my glove box. They did open her glove box but there wasn't anything of value in it. They stole a rucksack from my car that only had a bit of work gear in it (shoes, gloves, a phone case, etc; basically nothing of value was in there). The rucksack was sitting right next to my tool bag that contained $500+ of tools, including a Dewalt 18v drill. Dumbasses.

I hope you get your gear back.