South Platte 3/29-3/31 or 4/5-4/7

By Athena
From Estes Park, CO
Mar 23, 2013

Hello,

I am looking for a partner to go climbing in the South Platte this weekend (or next weekend). Ideally, I would like to leave Thursday evening, climb Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and return to the Boulder/Denver area Sunday night. I have a car, 70m rope, and single rack. I do not have a guidebook and have only been to the South Platte once, so ideally, I'd like to go with someone who somewhat knows their way around.

I am not super fixated on the idea of the South Platte, so if you want to go elsewhere, I'm open to ideas. I prefer trad and destinations less than 4hrs away from Boulder.

Let me know if you're available!
Athena

By Werefrog
Mar 25, 2013

Athena,

Hi, I am flying to Denver this weekend and hoping to do some climbing/skiing etc. I'd be interested in climbing the South Platte but I don't land until Saturday morning. If you are still looking for someone Saturday afternoon and Sunday let me know. I used to live in Colorado and have climbed in the South Platte many times and still have a guidebook.

pm me if interested otherwise hope you find someone and have a good weekend.

By Tyrel Fuller
From Denver, CO
Mar 25, 2013
Big Bend

I can climb Saturday if you can't find a steady partner for the whole weekend. I have a rope, rack, and guidebook.

By gunter
Mar 25, 2013

I'm going Saturday as well Tyrel and/or Athena, I might be into Sunday too but I am not sure yet.

By Shane Neal
From Colorado Springs, CO.
Mar 28, 2013
Thunder

Im interested. I can leave friday eve and climb through Sun. Im a S.Plate regular, it is the back yard. :) Got guide book, know alot by heart. Have everything else. If you wanna climb and that works....let me know! Climb on!

By Nick Sandstrom
Apr 2, 2013
spearhead

Can anyone climb down here wednesday and thursday? Turkey Rocks?

Nick

By GMax
From Denver, Colorado
Apr 3, 2013
past the crux on our piece of the real estate

I am free the 5th to the 8th. would love to hit up the south platte