Solo traveler trying to get a good taste of climbing in CO this summer.

By Michael Day!
From Boulder, CO
May 13, 2013
Back to the Red for the 2013 Season

Hey Everyone,

I'm looking for extended partners who are free to climb anytime and anywhere as that is my current situation. I'm posting up in Denver at the moment but since I'm dirtbaggin I have no ties to a location, so I'm willing to travel and stay for a week or longer. I've got plenty of gear and ropes for bouldering, sport, and trad. I'm most interested in continuing to focus on leading trad and multi pitch routes because that is what I've had the least practice.

As a native to Cincinnati, OH most my experience comes from sport climbing in The Red River Gorge. I've been climbing recreationally for about 6 or 7 years and passionately for the last 3 years. I like to climb (and belay) as safely as possible but strive to push the limits of my comfort zone. I comfortably lead sport routes up to 11c or so and feel solid on trad 10's and lower 11's but have yet to lead them lol.

Since February I have been on the road traveling to different climbing destinations to gain knowledge and experience in rock types and climbing styles I've not been exposed to yet. Stone Fort, Austin, Hueco Tanks, Enchanted Tower, Indian Creek, Eldo... It's been quite the ride so far! Rest days normally consist of exploring towns or trails, mountain biking, slacklining, longboarding, Or being a total sloth. O ya, and I love eating healthy so I'm always cooking up something tasty.

The point is that I'm here to camp near and climb on some epic CO lines. I would like to find a knowledgeable and safe partner (preferably unemployed and dirtbaggin as well) to show me to their favorite destinations! Haha, is that too much to ask?

Otherwise, you'll see me cruising the partners page more regularly. But I've found that becomes very tiresome when your trying to climb 4 days a week! So, Don't hesitate to give me a shout when you need a partner on the fly!

Thanks!

-Michael
mr.enviro@gmail.com
thirdeyeclimbing.com

By Tony B
From Around Boulder, CO
May 13, 2013

Try to get a Boulder or Denver Beer night together on short notice, see who you meet and try to make some plans. The Dark Horse always works its magic.

By Tommy Layback
From Sheridan, WY
May 13, 2013
Tom on Cloud Peak, Bighorn Mtns, WY.  Blacktooth and Mount Woolsey in the background.

Interested in Devils Tower, WY? The weather is here and it's game on, let me know...

By Michael Day!
From Boulder, CO
May 13, 2013
Back to the Red for the 2013 Season

Cool, thanks Tony.

Mr. Clean - Devils tower sounds fun. looks like it's about 6 hours away from where I am. I could probably head out tomorrow afternoon (waiting for an online order due to arrive). Are you there now? What's the word on camping, is it free?

I'll do some research on the area and let you know asap!

By Tommy Layback
From Sheridan, WY
May 13, 2013

I live in Sheridan, WY - a two hour drive to Devils Tower. There is freeish camping at Devils Tower Lodge (Frank Sanders does ask for donations). I could head over Wednesday morning.

By Tommy Layback
From Sheridan, WY
May 13, 2013

We also have some fun, uncrowded, dolostone (limestone to the non-geologists) sport and trad in the Bighorn Mtns near Sheridan.

By Michael Day!
From Boulder, CO
May 13, 2013
Back to the Red for the 2013 Season

Ya, I'd be psyched to climb the Devils Tower this Wednesday.

By Tommy Layback
From Sheridan, WY
May 14, 2013

PM sent

By justin jenner
From steamboat springs, colorado
May 18, 2013
spain!!

hey man, I'm pretty much open for anything this summer. I'm living in steamboat and dying to take some trips. looking to climb basically anywhere, would love to do some wyoming trad or clip some bolts in rifle.

By Michael Day!
From Boulder, CO
May 18, 2013
Back to the Red for the 2013 Season

I'm still at devils tower til Wednesday or so. Then I'm heading back to Denver to resupply and then I'd be down to head to rifle or where ever!

By Kevin Belayme
From Bellingham, WA
May 21, 2013
Mt. Baker

Hey Michael, if you end up staying at the tower an extra day I'll be getting there wednesday evening (5/22) to climb thursday with Mr. Clean and another mountain project connection.

P.S. Stoked on your lifestyle man, I'm also a traveling dirtbag climber ski bum, except I work for a couple weeks every month or so.

By Michael Day!
From Boulder, CO
May 24, 2013
Back to the Red for the 2013 Season

I'm back in Denver now, nursing a pulled muscle or two. Hoping to make Rifle this coming week though.