Sir Edmund Hillary (help me out dirtbags)
   Page 1 of 3.  1  2  3   Next>   Last>>

By Eli Buzzell
From New Hampshire.
somewhere in the whites
I need information on Sir Edmund Hillary's Leadership qualities and good leadership things he did. I know a little, but any information would be gladly accepted on this marvelous mountaineer.

By Brendan Blanchard
From Strafford, NH
Obi Wan Ryobi - Darth Vader Crag, Rumney NH
Do your own project ;)

By drpw
Mar 16, 2011
Edmund Hillary's real birth parents were of Indian descent.

By Aaron Hartig
Mar 16, 2011
Sir Edmund Hillary once held off thousands of greeks at the battle of thermopylae.

By camhead
From Vandalia, Appalachia
Mar 16, 2011
You stay away from mah pig!
Eli Buzzell wrote:

Sorry, every time I hear the term "leadership," I assume it is for some terrible corporate seminar event.

Is that why you're asking?

By Gabe Anderson
Mar 16, 2011
you'd be better off asking Jim Ebert about leadership.

By Connor
Mar 16, 2011
View from the top of the dome
Sir Edmund Hillary once discovered cold fusion but then quickly destroyed it saying "the world is not ready for the awsome power that my discoveries will unviel".... Winning

By Scott McMahon
From Boulder, CO
Bocan
Connor wrote:

I thought that was Mark Nelson?

By Crag Dweller
From New York, NY
Mar 16, 2011
My navigator keeps me from getting lost
he refused to say whether it was he or tenzing norgay who stepped on the summit first, acknowledging the teamwork involved and recognizing "his sherpa" as his peer.

By Aaron Hartig
Mar 16, 2011
Sir Edmund Hillary once was hiking in Utah and was forced to amputate his right arm with a dull knife in order to free himself after his arm became trapped by a boulder.

By R. Moran
From Moab , UT
REtro
Sir. Edmund Hillary used to baby sit for Chuck Norris.

By Kurt Ross
From Boulder, colorado
Every single day.
Edmund Hillary was once had four cats named ginger because he ran out of names about a month after his favorite cat named Polly had become impregnated by a stray cat that was once named Fredrick but now didnít care about what itís name was because it had become too preoccupied with finding food to eat in garbage cans and finding cats named Polly to impregnate.

By Kurt Ross
From Boulder, colorado
Every single day.
hartiga wrote:

That was actually Tenzing Norgay.

By Peter Pitocchi
Pete belays 2nd pitch Little corner
Hillary Clinton was named after Sir Edmond Hillary

By Jhernand
From Salt Lake City, UT
Mexican Crack in LCC SLC UT
When the first landed on the moon they found 3 empty bottles of Gin and a wallet with Hillary's ID inside

By Xan Calonne
From Studio City, Ca
Mar 16, 2011
Sir Edmund Hillary is actually Dame Hillary Edmund, but owing to the rampant gender-discrimination at the time climbed under a pseudonym to avoid controversy.

By Erik W
From Bay Area, CA
Mar 16, 2011
North face of Ama Dablam - taken on approach to Ko...
Sir Edmund Hillary was once in a 4G negative dive with a MIG-28.

By Aaron Hartig
Mar 16, 2011
Sir Edmund Hillary was a ten-foot tall beast man, who showers in vodka, and feeds his baby shrimp scampi

By Jhernand
From Salt Lake City, UT
Mexican Crack in LCC SLC UT
he will eat a homeless person if you dare him

By EvanH
From Boone, NC
Mar 16, 2011
This is officially my favorite thread ever.

By BrianH
From Santa Fe NM
Mar 16, 2011
Bob's Been to Joshua Tree!
When giant robots invaded from space, Sir Edmund Hillary was in their face!!!

No! Wait a minute. That was Brian Boitano.

Nevermind.

By Rick Blair
From Denver
Mar 16, 2011
This is a novel auto blocking belay device.  I thi...
He once lead his friends to an ice column in Vail and then lead the climb to set a top rope anchor at the top. He ran his rope straight through webbing tied around a tree. As he lowered his friends over and over he gradually sawed through/melted the webbing. He then climbed himself and the webbing failed during his lower. Showing true leadership he broke his own leg in the fall and then want on national TV to spray about it and assure us he was "experienced".

By Thomas Willis
hartiga wrote:

He feeds scampi to his baby shrimp?

By Hank Caylor
From Golden, CO
Pure bliss..
Sir Edmund Hillary was born with both male and female genitalia.

By Aaron Hartig
Mar 16, 2011
Sir Edmund Hillary was on a strict diet of unicorn meat when he summitted Everest

By Daryl Allan
From Sierra Vista, AZ
Mar 16, 2011
Me and my Fetish I guess.. ;)
Once, while he was leading an expedition to summit Kangchenjunga, a substantial portion of the team rope became frayed beyond use after several of the members took a fall over a jagged edge. In an act of sheer team devotion and selflessness, he removed his small intestine and used it to supplement the remaining good portion of the rope to lower the injured members to safety from the end of a severed crevasse edge into a shallow schrund. He then carried all injured members back to base camp.

Page 1 of 3.  1  2  3   Next>   Last>>