Route Guide - iPhone / Android - Partners - Forum - Photos - Deals - What's New
Since there are so many women experts on this site....
   Page 1 of 7.  1  2  3  4  5   Next>   Last>>

By TheBirdman
May 23, 2012

How did you meet your climbing lady? I mean seriously, for those of us who don't throw down 5.14 or starred in the last Big Up Production and have all the climbing ladies throwing themselves at us, how'd you do it? Meet her at the gym? At the crag? Somewhere else and then teach her to climb? Did you lay some genius line on her?

I only ask because I've tried "teaching" a girl how to climb but 1) that never goes well and 2) I never feel like she wants to climb as much as me. She's only doing it because I want to. I also don't want to be the guy at the gym trying to pick up a lady and thus, *^%&&*#^ where I eat. I know there are plenty of dirtbags on this site who somehow managed to talk a woman who climbs hard and is way too hot for them into hanging out.

By Darren Mabe
From Flagstaff, AZ
May 23, 2012
wham bam hand jam. Wrapping up the final moves of Twist of Fate, Oak Creek Canyon. <br /> <br />photo: Blake McCord

start with "Hi. I am Birdman"

By Unassigned User
May 23, 2012

I go to the gym by myself when I go, not very often, and so I always look around for a cutie that is by herself (quite common actually). And then ask them if they want to climb with me belaying, the answer is always YES! and then we chat then they usually wants to climb outside too. Now I am not into picking the chicks up, I just like having a cutie that can climb with me. So I am not really flirting, just talking and having fun. Usually they are totally open to moving past a belayer climber relationship within a couple times together. At that point I find a new one. haha

By Buff Johnson
smiley face

"I am the walrus" doesn't work too well, though.

Koo Koo Kachoo

By Walt Barker
From AZ
Self portrait on the summit of Gray's Peak, CO

David Sahalie wrote:
become a Stone Master and wear a codpiece.

Yesss!!

By Rob Selter
From running springs Ca
me

Don't take her climbing!

By Stich
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
May 23, 2012
Coffee after freezing our asses off near James Peak.

Be competent at climbing, safe, reliable, flexible, and generally fun to be around and you should be good.

And don't laugh if she tells you she has a degree in French poetry. Also, play a lot of Depeche Mode in your Scion at full volume on the way to the crags and bring lots of extra Red Bull.

By camhead
From Vandalia, Appalachia
May 23, 2012
You stay away from mah pig!

If you want a climbing girlfriend, DON'T try to get a girl you like into climbing. She'll either

1) not really like it, will get resentful if you spend too much time on it, or just do it to placate you since women in our society have been conditioned to cater to and support men's hobbies. It can only end badly. OR

2) she WILL like it, but then will get so much into it that she'll realize that she'd rather do it without you, or leave you for someone who climbs harder than you, since women in our society have been conditioned to go for alpha males, whatever the activity. It can only end badly.

By Stich
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
May 23, 2012
Coffee after freezing our asses off near James Peak.

That was all covered in this film.

By Rob Selter
From running springs Ca
me

Nice Stich.

By Stich
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
May 23, 2012
Coffee after freezing our asses off near James Peak.

Note: The voice of Denis Hopper does not save this film.

By Princess Mia
From Vail
Chillin' at City of Rocks

LMFAO.......

My advise......let the girls try to pick you up, don't try so hard.....

By Elena Sera Jose
From colorado
bacon

Hahaha! Meet a person u love of she happens to be a climber its good. Don't try to change her just love her for who she is.

By Jeff Chrisler
From Boulder, CO

As John L would say, just go up to her and dick stab her in the fartbox

By Unassigned User

Mia Tucholke wrote:
LMFAO....... My advise......let the girls try to pick you up, don't try so hard.....

Pshh what do girls know about picking up girls??? hahaha Just kidding Mia!

How do you tell your buddies that some girl picked up on you? We all want that story about how we saw this total hottie throwing down .12s at the crag, so we went over and struck up conversation. Next thing we know she is belaying us on our .13 proj while wearing our t-shirt.

Just saying

By Darren Mabe
From Flagstaff, AZ
May 23, 2012

climb in the gym shirtless?

By Buff Johnson
smiley face

Don't worry about it, she's a crazy bitch anyway

By Eric Fjellanger
Me on top of Chianti Spire

It's not that you have problems with women climbers...

It's that you have problems with women.

By Stich
From Colorado Springs, Colorado
May 23, 2012
Coffee after freezing our asses off near James Peak.

Mia Tucholke wrote:

Pretty much all of my female friends have told me that they didn't want to do the asking out, but would rather be asked out.

Also, when you take your prospective lady friend climbing outside, make sure to bring and extra Da Brim for her.

By Joel Unema
From Flagstaff, AZ
me

Darren Mabe wrote:
climb in the gym shirtless?

Doesn't seem to work so well for me!

By TheBirdman

Jeff Chrisler wrote:
As John L would say, just go up to her and dick stab her in the fartbox

I tried this. Like I told the cops afterwards, it was all just a misunderstanding...

By Darren Mabe
From Flagstaff, AZ

Joel Unema wrote:
Doesn't seem to work so well for me!

maybe bc you're there to actually climb! ;)

By Evan S
From Erie, CO
Me, of course

Why do you want to date someone that climbs? So you can spend ALL you time together? Gross. Try going out with women that you have OTHER interests in common with, and just be friends with your climbing partners, you'll end up much less miserable.

Which does bring up another quagmire, I personally don't know ANY women who climb who are dating or even would date a guy who doesn't. Is this some kind of reverse double standard?

By camhead
From Vandalia, Appalachia
May 23, 2012
You stay away from mah pig!

Evan S wrote:

Uhhhhh... until he finds an obsessive project 7 hours away that requires 12 weekends in a row to complete. Non-climbing SO's are usually not too cool with that.

By Evan S
From Erie, CO
Me, of course

camhead wrote:

Then she's a bitch and not date-able, seems simple to me.

By randy88fj62
Thunderbolt Peak in the Palisades

I met my girlfriend through a local club that was doing a newbie mach trad lead day. We both learned to trad climb 2 years ago and now we swap leads up to 5.9. I did not force my way in and ask her out. We climbed together through a mutual mentor for about a year and then it just made sense to move it to the next level.

BTW,
Girls love canyoneering. They love the idea of rappeling down waterfalls and hiking down through beautiful scenery.

Summary:
1. Join multiple outdoor clubs that share your outdoor passion.
2. Do NOT hit on every girl you meet, make friends first.

Page 1 of 7.  1  2  3  4  5   Next>   Last>>