Too much snow was coming off the fields midway up, so it wasn't a safe go. Keeping an eye on temps/snowfall in the coming weeks for possible more melt to setup the lower pitch (i'm told this is rare) and safer avy conditions.
Pics mostly courtesy of Gigamike
this was high and west of Moonage, not the route ^^^
up close on lower portion of route - bottom pillar not in yet, might not come in at all
Tokopah falls (just up the canyon from Moonage) is a great place to crag, if the ice is decent. We played there for a bit after deciding Moonage was out. Approach is about 2 miles from lodgepole parking lot in Sequoia, good on skis or snowshoes at the moment.