seeking ow near boulder

By jcm537
From Broomfield, Co.
Jul 18, 2014
Are there any continuous moderate off-width cracks in the boulder area?

By Rich Farnham
Jul 18, 2014
These ought to keep you busy for a while.

To narrow the list a little bit:
Huston Crack at Cob Rock is one of the easier ones. Not super long, but you'll get to work on the techniques a little.

Grand Giraffe in Eldo is a good one. Again not super long, but long enough to count.

By Gully at Castle Rock will feel plenty continuous, but it's more of a squeeze chimney.

Vedauwoo is really your best bet for continuous moderate off-width.

By jcm537
From Broomfield, Co.
Jul 18, 2014
Thanks for the very comprehensive list. I will be busy for a while.

By Eric Klammer
From Boulder, CO
Jul 18, 2014
Heading up the best pitches of the route. Perfect rock at a nice relaxed angle!
I highly recommend the Umph Slot. Sandbagged 5.8+ doesn't really get any better.

By Abram Herman
From Golden, CO
Jul 18, 2014
Viking helmet cover, yep.
Eric Klammer wrote:

To call the Umph Slot "sandbagged" at 5.8+ might just be the understatement of the year. It's sandbagged at the 5.10 consensus.

By Sagar Gondalia
From Golden
Jul 20, 2014
Right before stepping onto the Emmons Glacier, below Camp Schurman.
JCM, I've been ticking this list off for the last 3 months. It's pretty solid. The only climb thus far that has left me absolutely flailing has been The Umph Slot. Give me a holler sometime if you want to get on it. I want a second go.

Sagar

By Jordan Moore
From Boulder, co
Jul 20, 2014
Hampi, india
Captain beyond at the Mickey Mouse wall!
Crack of fear on lumpy ridge!

By Kent Pease
From Littleton, Colorado
Jul 20, 2014
Huston Crack (5.7/.8) on Cob Rock.

By jcm537
From Broomfield, Co.
Jul 21, 2014
Great list. Thanks for the suggestions. I did upstairs this weekend. Awesome!
Sagar, i tried umph slot & determined im not ready yet.

By Tony B
From Around Boulder, CO
Jul 22, 2014

Anyone want to revive this?
"OWW!" (Off Width Wednesday) has a better ring to it and a better acronym though...
Plus, Tuesdays don't work for me.

So... Roll Call?

By Jordan Moore
From Boulder, co
Hampi, india
I"m game! I'll be back on the front range for about 6 weeks starting August 1st. I'll have a pretty flexible schedule and should be able to get out almost every wednesday to struggle up some OW!

By Sagar Gondalia
From Golden
Jul 22, 2014
Right before stepping onto the Emmons Glacier, below Camp Schurman.
I'm in.

By good pro
Jul 22, 2014
let's do this Colorado! Let's get WIDE!!

By Tony B
From Around Boulder, CO
good pro wrote:
let's do this Colorado! Let's get WIDE!!

Hmmm... I like this. Please do show up. I will be sure that you get the treatment that you are entitled to, Elanor.

By good pro
Jul 22, 2014
Whats with the "tude" Tony? Not making me feel very welcome with those off handed sadistic threats....

By Tony B
From Around Boulder, CO
Jul 22, 2014
No threats have been made, and you clearly don't know what sadistic means. You'll just be shunned.

By WadeM
Ultimate Squeeze
I tried reviving that awhile ago Tony...

Im down

By Tony B
From Around Boulder, CO
WadeM wrote:
I tried reviving that awhile ago Tony... Im down I have a couple OW that arent on MP, that actually require OW technique. I'd be game for giving them a go...not new routing just obscure flatty climbs I've come across

List up/propose. I'm down/eager for that.

By Sagar Gondalia
From Golden
Jul 22, 2014
Right before stepping onto the Emmons Glacier, below Camp Schurman.
Also super interested in that. Willing to get going as soon as next Wednesday!

By fossana
From Bishop, CA
downclimb off the First Flatiron <br />photo by TooTallTim
Tony B wrote:
Anyone want to revive this? "OWW!" (Off Width Wednesday)

Aww Tony, now you start this up? ;)

One more Eldo OW: Funeral March

By Eric Klammer
From Boulder, CO
Jul 22, 2014
Heading up the best pitches of the route. Perfect rock at a nice relaxed angle!
Abram Herman wrote:

Well sure if you weigh more than 100 pounds and are wearing one of those newfangled harnesses and not your swami!

In all seriousness though, that is quite a route and one I have yet to succeed at! I'll be back soon though... (Once I'm done healing from my last go on it.)