West facing great for winter climbing on warmer days with sun. In summer better to start in morning and bring bug spray of course. Great collection of 5.9's, 10's and one 11. All routes are accessible from the top so they can be TR'd. To gain access to the top anchors, approach is 50 yards to the right next to Drill Hole Wall.
8 Total Routes
Browse More Classics in Sax Wall
Mountain Project's determination of some of the classic, most popular, highest rated routes for Sax Wall:
8) Easy Sax is the Best Sax 5.8+ 5b 16 VI- 15 HVS 4c Sport, 1 pitch, 40'
3) Morphine 5.9 5c 17 VI 17 HVS 5a Sport, TR, 1 pitch, 50'
1) A Little Spicy!!! 5.10a 6a 18 VI+ 18 E1 5a Sport, TR, 45'
4) Sax-a-holic 5.10a 6a 18 VI+ 18 E1 5a Sport, TR, 1 pitch, 50'
2) Body and Soul 5.10a/b 6a+ 19 VI+ 19 E2 5b Trad, Sport, 1 pitch, 45'
6) No such THANG as Too Much Sax 5.10b 6a+ 19 VII- 19 E2 5b PG13 Sport, TR, 1 pitch, 50'
5) Multiple SAX Partners 5.11- 6c 22 VIII+ 22 E3 5c PG13 Sport, TR, 50'
Featured Route For Sax Wall
6) No such THANG as Too Much Sax 5.10b 6a+ 19 VII- 19 E2 5b PG13 MN : Sandstone : ... : Sax Wall
"Starts right below the bolts. From the first ledge go up left of bolts until you get to drill hole. At drill hole, cross right and climb body over the bolt. Then go up two thin finger ledges above bolt. Can also layback on drill holes. Last panel, clip the bolt and stay on the left 3'. Last move is hard on fingery holds, can use all shelves from bolted panel and panel on left."Dry toolers stay off this route or the top, you are ruining the last moves....[more] Browse More Classics in MN
Latest Regional Forum Messages
From Midwest Go to Forum | What's New | Post New Topic