San Diego Summer Partners

By Will Creed
From Fort Collins
May 19, 2014
Sierras

Home from college for the summer and facing a major partner shortage. Apparently they all graduated or something. Looking for people who wanna do some long days on Tahquitz or just some training sessions at Woodson and the Gorge. I've been doing a lot of climbing at Eldo this spring & am pretty comfortable with 5.10+/5.11- multipitch. Then again I got shut down on a Woodson 11a yesterday so who knows! Love to hit up the Vampire, Price of Fear, Edgehogs, or just link up a ridiculous amount of moderates. Also looking for people interested in some long stuff in the Sierras!

By ali mohammed
From San Diego, CA
May 20, 2014

I don't climb as hard as you do, but i like doing (long) easy to moderate trad multi pitch climbs (red rocks, tahquitz, high sierras etc).

i also occasionally climb during weekday evenings at Mission Gorge for practice so drop me an email if you wanna hit any of these areas.

By J Sundstrom
From Seattle, WA
May 20, 2014
Story of my life.

I'm about to run into the same issue...

Heading home for the summer and want to spend the summer learning to place gear. Mostly interested in doing long moderates but I'd also be down to train at Woodson and the Gorge. I'll be your belay slave if you can show me some stuff. Also down to do some long Sierra routes!

I'll shoot you an email when I'm down (early July).

[edit: forgot to mention I have a car and beer. :) ]

By Jared Cohn
May 25, 2014

Sounds like we are interested in similar objectives and climb at a similar level. I am going to school in Gunnison CO and have been climbing a lot pout there, but i am back home in SD and at a shortage of climbing partners.

By rich magner
From cathedral city, ca
May 28, 2014

Always looking to get out.

By LCerutti
From Carlsbad, California
May 31, 2014
Rapping down after climbing Shantytown Swing(5.6) in Central Pinnacles. <br />

My partner had to go into work today if you guys would like to climb at the gorge or Woodson this afternoon/evening. I've led a handful of single pitch sport routes over 10.a and moderate/easy multi pitch trad routes. I'm eager to climb, learn and share climbing stories. I'm usually free on Saturdays, Thursdays and the occasional Tuesday or Sunday.

Louie

By Sean Maher
From San Diego
Jun 1, 2014
Crater Lake

I'm also home from college in Washington and looking for people to climb with. I've never done multipitch anything but I'd love to start! I can lead 5.10 and follow 5.11 (sport). I'd be down for sessions at Mission Gorge or trips to Idyllwild or Bishop. I also have a car and sport rack

By Adal Bermann
From San Francisco, California
Jun 2, 2014
Tackling the crux at Donner Pass

Hey Will and other SoCal climbers in this post,

I'm heading down to SD (from SF) for two weeks arriving on June 10th. I'll have my car and sport leading gear. I lead sport up to 5.11- on a good day and am really excited about getting more multi-pitch in.

I'll shoot a few of you an email later this week to get organized about climbing next week. Might be nice to start a group email so this really happens.

By LCerutti
From Carlsbad, California
Jun 8, 2014
Rapping down after climbing Shantytown Swing(5.6) in Central Pinnacles. <br />

group email is a great idea. climbing at mission gorge today with a couple friends . Shoot me and email if you'd like to meet.

Louie.Cerutti@gmail.com

By Rico Tan
From Las Vegas, Nevada
Jun 10, 2014

I'm interested in finding people to climb with in the sierras or Taquitz , not very familiar with granite climbing I heard it's way harder than sandstone that I'm used to. I have a small trad rack and 3 ropes, only trad lead 5.7/8 and sport 5.10a on sandstone so far. tan.myopic@gmail.com. I'm free June 22-July 13 and July 21-August 20

By Jace Mullen
From Oceanside, Ca
Jun 10, 2014

Back from college as well. Interested in this whole group email thing. I have all summer to climb.

By LCerutti
From Carlsbad, California
Jun 17, 2014
Rapping down after climbing Shantytown Swing(5.6) in Central Pinnacles. <br />

I'm going to follow Adals lead and try to keep things organized if we have a good group of people wanting to climb. I'll keep this going as long as people are showing interest.

Here's a link to the doodle for next week:

doodle.com/5t2e38x3iqwhyn9t

Read description and fill out the participation poll

Cheers!

By Adal Bermann
From San Francisco, California
Jun 18, 2014
Tackling the crux at Donner Pass

there is also a meetup group here in san diego that is quite active (and could use even more organizers I bet):

www.meetup.com/Rock-Climbers-Of-San-Diego/

By J Sundstrom
From Seattle, WA
Jul 2, 2014
Story of my life.

Just got into San Diego yesterday, down to start climbing today! If anyone is interested, feel free to message me and we can meet up.