Rock Fall at Little Eiger in CCC

By Crag Dweller
From New York, NY
Sep 30, 2012
My navigator keeps me from getting lost
Was anyone around to see Little Eiger shed some pretty big chunks of stone recently?

There are a few new big blocks between the Busch's and First Impressions, including a block that was probably 250-300 pounds, maybe more, with a hangerless bolt sticking out of it.

By Buff Johnson
Sep 30, 2012
smiley face
Was this after their clean-fest?

By Crag Dweller
From New York, NY
Sep 30, 2012
My navigator keeps me from getting lost
These are newer than that. They've come down in the past week or so.

By Derek Lawrence
From Bailey
Sep 30, 2012
Cocaine Corner
not sure about all of it but the block with the bolt in it was trundeled during the organized cleaning (the bolt had been holding it to another bolt on the wall).

By Jon Zucco
From Denver, CO
Oct 1, 2012
yaak crack Red Rock Canyon, NV
Are you talking about the giant Xed block midway up the dihedral on first impressions? That thing has been loose for the better part of a decade...

By ROC
From Englewood, CO
Oct 1, 2012
I haven't noticed any new rockfall in the area, but was up there this weekend and had a partner pull a sizable chunk (large brick size) off of Misunderestimate right below the roof at the top. Luckily she held onto it and carried it down with her as she was lowered. It was a well chalked hold and didn't seem loose at all when I climbed through that section. Maybe that route just got harder?

By Crag Dweller
From New York, NY
Oct 1, 2012
My navigator keeps me from getting lost
Derek Lawrence wrote:

Really? I've been up there 3 or 4 times since the trundling party. How did I completely overlook that block before?

Jon Zucco wrote:

No, that one's still there just begging to be used as a hold. The one I'm referring to is a lot larger.

By Tommy Ormond
From Eldorado Springs, CO
Oct 1, 2012
chicken suit
I go there often after work with my special lady friend. Maybe 2 months ago a huge block fell right at nightfall - no one was up there - and just missed us. I have seen random microwave and smaller blocks just fall from nowhere there. Reminds me of it's european bigger cousin. Be careful over there. and all of CCC. it's some sweet choss. but still choss.

By TBlom
Oct 3, 2012
A buddy of mine took a softball sized chunk to the forehead a couple of years back on the right side of Eiger wall (newer route on right side).

We've also seen a mountain goat on the ledge above that was kicking smaller stuff down. Definitely a choss pile above the main wall. Good place for a helmet!