Red Rocks Bouldering Guidebook

By Tom Moulin
Nov 20, 2010

Heather Robinson, spotted by Sam, on Crack of Fire, Pine Creek Canyon.
Heather Robinson, spotted by Sam, on Crack of Fire, Pine Creek Canyon.

Snell Press has recently published a comprehensive bouldering guidebook for Red Rocks and southern Nevada entitled Southern Nevada Bouldering. The bouldering guide complements Jerry Handren's Red Rocks A Climbers Guide, which covers sport and traditional routes.

Southern Nevada Bouldering describes over 2000 problems in full detail on 416-7x10 pages with high quality color photographs of nearly every boulder. The guide covers a vast array of as-yet unpublished areas as well as the popular spots such as Kraft and Red Springs. This book is fast becoming the de facto standard for bouldering guides through its in-depth information, detailed maps, extensive history section, and overview of the natural environment of southern Nevada.

For more information, pictures, and videos see
www.snellpress.com/

By NO MAS
From Las Vegas, NV
Nov 20, 2010

Nice job Tom. Looks awesome. Might inspire me to get into bouldering a little. Lord knows I could use some bouldering power.

PS-Not too sure about Sam's spot though. Seems to be muggin it up for the camera instead of watching Heather.

By Josh Janes
Nov 20, 2010

This is perhaps the most beautiful and thorough guidebook I've ever seen. Amazing!

By Kurt Burt
Nov 20, 2010
Portaledge belay top of pitch 3

Tom, congrats on such an awesome book. I ordered it and got it in a few months ago. I did for support of the local guy (i don't really boulder), but then holy crap it came. The book is awesome! Great history, pictures are amazing, and the amount of effort that went into this book is very commendable. I can't believe the amount of problems there are here! Makes me wanna get out the crash pad. Great job and get this book!!!

Kurt "Burt" Arend

By Tom Moulin
Dec 4, 2010

The Southern Nevada Bouldering website now features a forum similar in style to the forum found on the site for Red Rocks A Climber's Guide.

The forum will be constantly updated with new problems as they are climbed. Currently there are a good handful of problems in the additions section.

Also, there are forums for users to add their own photos and video as well as a feedback forum for responses to the guide, comments on grades, problem quality, descriptions and so forth.

Enjoy.

www.snellpress.com/snb/board/

By Chris Burton
Dec 4, 2010

Tom,

I can only parrot what has already been said. "Well done" is an understatement. Your guide is a work of art. Nice job.

Chris

By R. Moran
From Moab , UT
Dec 4, 2010
REtro

No joke this guide book is the SHIT! Good to see the Vegas bouldering so well represented. It deserves it, makes me miss Vegas. Thanks Tom!