Question: Would it be a “red point” if…
   Page 1 of 2.  1  2   Next>   Last>>

By RyanJames
Photo by Aaron Lavinsky
Would it be a “red point” if…

1.…you climbed up to the first bolt, clipped it, down climbed to the ground without weighting the rope, rested for several minutes and then ascended the route without falling?
2.… you did everything above but clipped two bolts instead of one?
3.… you clipped three bolts?

By Keenan Waeschle
From Bozeman, MT
on top of the RNWF <br />June 2012
does anyone care?

By grampa potate
NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

By caughtinside
From Oakland CA
Feb 5, 2012
It'd be a 'waste of energy' when you could have used a 'stick clip.'

By grampa potate
In all seriousness, it would be "fuschia point" which means you're gay

By FrankPS
From Atascadero, CA
johnL wrote:
Lets say I stick clipped the third bolt but on the way up I clipped a draw to the first and second bolt. At the fourth bolt, I relaxed and let the potato I had up my ass fall out (I call it grampa). And at the seventh bolt, my knuckle stayed in contact with the biner .375 seconds longer than my average. If I'd onsighted the route before my incarceration and I didn't fall this time, can I count it?

Yes, but only if you can keep the (Grampa) potato out of our sight.

By s.price
From PS,CO
 Morning Dew ,self portrait
johnL wrote:

Was that a fully loaded baked potato? If not I don't think you could call it a redpoint.

By Johny Q
My profile
johnL wrote:

Rarely am I at a loss for words . . .. .. .. but I am.

By Glenn Schuler
From Monument, Co.
Feb 5, 2012
A grey fox skull wedged in a crack 100' up on a FA I was working on - don't see that every day...
johnL wrote:

You sonamabitch, here I am getting ready to watch the big game got my steak and baked potato ready to go for dinner..... I don't think the spud sounds so good now. Thanks ALOT dude.

By s.price
From PS,CO
 Morning Dew ,self portrait
No History, No Answer. Know History, Know Answer.

By RyanJames
Photo by Aaron Lavinsky
grampa potate wrote:
In all seriousness, it would be "fuschia point" which means you're gay

Hilarious!

By kiff
Feb 5, 2012
If you have to stick clip three bolts, somebody botched the bolting like welker dropped the super bowl.

By Red
From Arizona
Feb 6, 2012
Cobra Kai
probably one of those short three bolt routes isn't it?

By Locker
From Yucca Valley, CA
Feb 6, 2012
...
"In all seriousness, it would be "fuschia point" which means you're gay"

Gotta SECOND that one as being funny as shit!

LOL!

By Pat Mac
From Tempe
Feb 6, 2012
Jacks Canyon. Board.
What Ryan is trying to say is that.

Can I call my recent ascent of Master Biner. A redpoint if....

" I climbed up three bolts, climbed down to the ground and rested and then climbed the rest of it."

Note: The three bolts were not unsafe or hard.

So the real question is: Could he have climbed the whole route from bottom to top without top roping the first three bolts???? No one knows? Because he didn't climb it that way.

At the very MOST a "Fuchsia point" and that still means he's gay.

By rogerbenton
Feb 6, 2012
Whoever this guy is, he's just plain irresponsible.
my potato's name is "Handsome".

By 1Eric Rhicard
Feb 6, 2012
It is a good sized roof. Photo: Jimbo
Hell yeah, nice job! If you climbed it without falling off you did it. Hell you did a better job than the guy that did it bottom to top in one push. You did more climbing. Okay maybe not, but... If you were 40 feet up and down climbed three bolts to a big ledge (10 or 12 feet these days) no one would have even responded. If I soloed a route to within a bodys length of the top then down climbed the whole thing to get my shit together, went back up and finished it did I onsight it? And Pat you post "fusia point" like there is something wrong with that. You are so Butch!

By 1Eric Rhicard
Feb 6, 2012
It is a good sized roof. Photo: Jimbo
Knight of a Woeful Figure wrote:

Someone sounds bitter!

By RyanJames
Feb 7, 2012
Photo by Aaron Lavinsky
Well, well, Pmac...

I'm glad the peanut gallery chimed in! I was wondering when you'd post some I-don't-want-to-call-it-a-redpoint-because-he-did-it-before-me antics.

I think "Fuchsia pointing" it is a little less flaming than taking my shirt off - while still climbing - to complete the last five vertical feet of the route. What would you even call that anyways? An "I'm gay point"? Just wondering...

By s.price
From PS,CO
Feb 7, 2012
 Morning Dew ,self portrait
Territorial Pissing. Please continue.

By Pat Mac
From Tempe
Feb 7, 2012
Jacks Canyon. Board.
Ha Ha all in good fun. :) I did take my shirt off big deal. And I never contested your send. You did it before me once again no big deal it was fun climbing with you that day. :)

By 1Eric Rhicard
Feb 7, 2012
It is a good sized roof. Photo: Jimbo
You guys make me laugh. I wish I could get up something before Pmac! Call it a season Ryan.

By Johny Q
Feb 7, 2012
My profile
I don't quite understand the crazy in AZ, but I would like to. What exactly are you guys drinking??

By JulianB
From Florence, SC
Feb 7, 2012
Mt. Rainier summit.
"redpoint ethics" is an oxymoron.

By RyanJames
Feb 7, 2012
Photo by Aaron Lavinsky
Johny Q wrote:

We're all inbred down here, and we drink what inbreds drink!!! Water, Mountain Dew, and Fanta!!! Here in Arizona, our women are ugly and our rocks are small and chossy! Definitely don't come here!

By Johny Q
Feb 7, 2012
My profile
johnL wrote:
Just so you know, that's material that I used almost 10 years ago and I'd stolen it then.

Tonsai?