Planning Trip 2nd week of March Indian Creek

By kman154
From Versailles, KY
Feb 20, 2013

Planning Trip 2nd week of March to Indian Creek.

What type of hit or miss weather should we expect?

By Sean Nelb
From Grand Junction, CO
Feb 20, 2013
Some Like it Hot (5.12b). Devils Tower, WY

Sun and warmth to rain, snow, wind, and cold. Same as the rest of the country. Have fun.

By kman154
From Versailles, KY
Feb 20, 2013

That is interesting, I thought only in my State the weather could change that fast. This is going to be a challenge to pack for so that I am prepared for all these elements at once.

It would be cool to try and get it narrowed down a bit. Do you know what the averages usually are for that time of year in Indian Creek, UT and not what the rest of the Country is doing.

By drmartindell
From Homer, Ak
Feb 20, 2013

You can find averages and norms on various weather websites. Try the new app Climbing Weather too if you like.

By Devin Fin
From DURANGO
Feb 20, 2013
dream canyon fun!

cold nights ... almost perfect days ... not a lot of people .. bring some tarps in case it rains for a stretch then you don't have to be pined down in yer tent.. temps in the day upper 50's night's can dip as low as the twenty's .. be careful climbing after any rain not only because of the soft rock. the freeze thaw during that time of year can break of rocks from up high on the cliffs. make sure to ware your helmet at the base of the wall at all times .

By kman154
From Versailles, KY
Feb 20, 2013

Are there things to tie tarps to or is it necessary to have poles for the tarps.

By nick serrano
From Albuquerque, NM
Feb 23, 2013
Chest Full of Kind (IC 5.10)

Bring poles for the tarps and be prepared to beak it all down when you drive off to the wall for the day or the wind will steal it.

By S Denny
From Carbondale, CO
Feb 23, 2013

fairytale forecast:

www.accuweather.com/en/us/monticello-ut/84535/march-weather/>>>

bottomline: prepare for the worst, hope for the best, definitely bring a book

By Charlie S
From Ogden, UT
Feb 23, 2013
Cams above the arm bar moves on Three Pigs in a Slot, Indian Creek.

It was great that time of year last year. I'm hedging my bets and going at the same time this year.

Nights will be cold. Days in the sun will be nice. Probably wind at some point.