Login with Facebook
 ADVANCED
Petapitch approach
View Latest Posts in This Forum or All Forums
   Page 1 of 1.  
Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
 
 
By Eric Bonin
Jul 1, 2011
my dog

I know the water is high in LCC. Anyone know of a long way to get to petapitch area?


FLAG
By JimG
Jul 1, 2011

Eric Bonin wrote:
I know the water is high in LCC. Anyone know of a long way to get to petapitch area?

Hike up Red Pine, cross over Maybird into Hogum, and drop down Coalpit Gulch. That will be good and long.


FLAG
By kBobby
From Spokane, WA
Jul 1, 2011

You can go in across the pipe at the Swamp Boulders. I think the bridge at Tanner's Flat is still in too, isn't it?


FLAG
By JoeyS
From Salt Lake City, UT
Jul 1, 2011
Indian Creek

Park about 50 yards in front of mile marker 5. Take the trail leading down into the woods till you get to a wider section then turn left to find the bridge.


FLAG
By sfotex
From Sandy, UT
Jul 2, 2011

From the Salt Lake Climbers Alliance:

Yesterday we sent an email urging climbers to use the bridge located near Lisa Falls parking to access the Pentapitch/Coalpit area.

We have since learned that the bridge is closed. The bridge several miles below is also closed, as is the trail at the mouth of the canyon. The Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest Service has closed the trail until further notice due to spring runoff.

You can view Forest Service alerts and notices here.

Please obey posted signs on the trails and stay off of the pipe crossing near the pump house. Parking at the pump house has also been an issue, the landowner needs space for heavy equipment loading/unloading and there has been an instance where he was unable to do so. Park well away from the pump house and look for posted no-parking signs.


FLAG
By Eric Bonin
Jul 2, 2011
my dog

Thanks for the info from the SLCCA


FLAG
By notmyname
From Stony Brook, NY
Jul 5, 2011

sfotex wrote:
From the Salt Lake Climbers Alliance: Yesterday we sent an email urging climbers to use the bridge located near Lisa Falls parking to access the Pentapitch/Coalpit area. We have since learned that the bridge is closed. The bridge several miles below is also closed, as is the trail at the mouth of the canyon. The Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest Service has closed the trail until further notice due to spring runoff. You can view Forest Service alerts and notices here. Please obey posted signs on the trails and stay off of the pipe crossing near the pump house. Parking at the pump house has also been an issue, the landowner needs space for heavy equipment loading/unloading and there has been an instance where he was unable to do so. Park well away from the pump house and look for posted no-parking signs.


So there's no legal way to get to the north facing routes?


FLAG
By sfotex
From Sandy, UT
Jul 5, 2011

michael layton wrote:
So there's no legal way to get to the north facing routes?


Pretty much. I talked to Steve Schnide (Sp?) from the FS a few weeks ago. He basically asked for patience while the high water is going on, and said the FS is planning on getting the trail reopened /bridge rebuilt this summer if possible.


FLAG
 
By JimG
Jul 5, 2011

michael layton wrote:
So there's no legal way to get to the north facing routes?

I gave you the legal way in the first reply to this post. Although looking up Coalpit Gulch yesterday there is a bit of water comming down it. You might want to take along a wetsuit and snorkle.


FLAG
By notmyname
From Stony Brook, NY
Jul 6, 2011

JimG wrote:
I gave you the legal way in the first reply to this post. Although looking up Coalpit Gulch yesterday there is a bit of water comming down it. You might want to take along a wetsuit and snorkle.


dude, thanks! Had a blast on industrial wall today.


FLAG
By notmyname
From Stony Brook, NY
Jul 19, 2011

well since I asked, I should probably contribute.
trails open, has been since sat.
cross at lisa falls lot.
industrial wall is not accessible yet...to much water
and endless torment is a sweet climb why hadn't i done it yet!?


FLAG
By Greg G
From SLC, UT
Jul 20, 2011
The route in it's entirety.

2 chain link gates up from the old bridge/pump house park on the right. walk down the road, and hit the bridge. its a 10 min walk to the PentaPitch approach trail, and easy as pie.


FLAG


Follow replies to this topic? Notify me at the top of web site.
1

Email me.
Page 1 of 1.