Ouray Partners throughout February

By Ryan DC
From Joshua Tree, CA
Feb 2, 2013
Photo

Hey there, I'm on the lookout for Ouray area partners for the month of February... Looking to head to the ice park and work on the steep stuff, do mock leads, mixed climbing, or whatever really. Happy to look at backcountry opportunities as well, though I am a new ice leader and am only leading easy stuff (would gladly follow on the harder stuff). Weekdays/weekends, I'm just here to get climbing, have fun, and get better. I'll be trying to climb from Feb 6th - Feb 28th (give or take some rest days!).

By Skywalker
From Longmont
Feb 3, 2013
south of flat top

Hey Ryan:

Looking for an ice parter in lake city this coming weekend for their third ice festival, are you interested in climbing there?

Steve walker

By grant N
Feb 5, 2013

Hi Ryan,
My name is Grant. I am here in Ouray for the month of Febuary as well. I have similar ambitions as you. I currently climb WI3 prety well am struggling a little bit with WI4s. Would like to try and start leading some WI2s and easy WI3s. I would like to try climbing mixed as well. I have screws, ice gear, and ropes.

I also have a room for rent in the house I am staying in. I think it would be like 150 a week. If you dont already have a place.

Give me a call if you are interested in climbing together or the place. My number is 828 342 0002.

By Ryan DC
From Joshua Tree, CA
Feb 5, 2013
Photo

Skywalker: looks like a few friends are coming into town from Denver this weekend, so no Lake City for me. Have fun though.

Grant: I will give you a call soon!

By Cale Hoopes
From Sammamish, WA
Feb 5, 2013
Profile Icon

Totally wish I could fly back down :-(

By Ryan DC
From Joshua Tree, CA
Feb 6, 2013
Photo

Hah! Cale, this forum is the wrong geographic area for you! But you are more than welcome to make it happen and come climb down here... I'll be around! :)

By Laxfishie
Feb 8, 2013

Hi Ryan DC,

I'm interested in climbing in and around Ouray this Sunday, Monday, and/or Tuesday. I follow WI 3 comfortably and would be happy with some steeper single pitch ice. Let me know if you're available and would like to climb.

-Lauren

By Ryan DC
From Joshua Tree, CA
Feb 9, 2013
Photo

PM sent, Laxfishie.

By John Carter
From Boulder
Feb 12, 2013
Fine Jade

Looking for a partner Friday (15th) and Monday morning (18th) if you're available.

Carter

By Tom Kavanaugh
From Ouray,Colorado
Feb 12, 2013

Looking for a partner tomorrow 12-4 and Thursday early morning til noon. Give me a call if you wanna get out 303-884-0711

By Ryan DC
From Joshua Tree, CA
Feb 22, 2013
Photo

I'm looking for partners again between Sunday 2/24 and Wednesday 2/27 for my last hurrah in Ouray. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in getting out. Happy to just hit the park and play on 4s or 5s, would be interested in leading 3s if that's also appealing, and also possibly looking at swapping leads on some easy backcountry objectives or following harder routes (if this snow ever stops).

By haleymay
From Salt Lake City
Feb 23, 2013
hand solo - selfish wall

Hey Ryan, I'm in town for the wknd and my partner bailed for Sunday. If your still looking for a partner I'd love to get out.