New River Gorge guide book

Ziggy Piggy, Welsford NB

Cheers

By David Barbour
From Longmont, CO
May 24, 2013
Theriault wrote:
what is the best and most up to date guide book and where is the best place to get it? Cheers

This one: store.waterstoneoutdoors.com/p...

Buy it from Waterstone Outdoors in Fayetteville when you get there. There's a new version coming out this fall, though.

By Theriault
From Oromocto NB Canada
May 24, 2013
Ziggy Piggy, Welsford NB
thanks!!!! planning to go there this summer!

By David Barbour
From Longmont, CO
May 24, 2013
Or if you're an AAC member you can borrow it from them:

americanalpineclub.org/p/guide...

By jarthur
From Westminster, CO
May 24, 2013
My dogs got ups yo!
David Barbour wrote:
There's a new version coming out this fall, though.

I'm not trying to start a controversy, but has there really been that much development at the New to justify a new guidebook? I'm just curious. Besides a few 14's, and 5.13 headpoint trad lines what could possibly justify this new guidebook? The last guidebook by Williams was amazing, but I can't see why we need another one. If there has in fact been an explosion of new route development I'll be on the first flight back home in the Fall with the new guidebook in hand.

By Gif Zafred
From Pittsburgh, PA
May 24, 2013
Gif on Bimbo Shrine, Kaymoor
jarthur wrote:

Yes there has been a lot of development out at Summersville Lake and the Meadow from my understanding. Not much in the Gorge proper due to the bolting ban (with the exception of some hard lines out at Beauty)