(new?) pond bank, pa overhanging boulder

By The Stoned Master
From Pennsylvania
Jan 26, 2013
Day Lily.

13-14 ft, overhanging new pond bank boulder. Not easy to get to. I do have more pics ill upload if anyone would like.

past any guidebook I believe. practically free standing (3 sides), the back goes into the ridge. Virgin or not? Looks fun and has a comfortable landing area. Do you know this boulder? This is a boulder you would remember if you saw, I think its a rare find (if someone discovered it before we the climbing community don't know about it, its sure not in any guidebook or on any site) at those there parts at pond bank.

Pond b boulder
Pond b boulder

By Michael C
From New Jersey
Jan 27, 2013
Mt Minsi, PA

Go ahead and claim it and it's yours until someone can dispute it otherwise.

By The Stoned Master
From Pennsylvania
Jan 28, 2013
Day Lily.

I also added calvins slab area with 3 new routes (new area and new routes to mtn proj not first ascents, etc). Also new beta photos for the rock one area, binocular rocks, the pulpit and the pond banks (the areas) images I added.

By The Stoned Master
From Pennsylvania
Jan 28, 2013
Day Lily.

Shows the angle
Shows the angle

The face.
The face.

Possibly some v rated climbs at pond bank? We'll find out soon enough!

By The Stoned Master
From Pennsylvania
Jan 28, 2013
Day Lily.

I saw some cracks that aren't mentioned anywhere online or in stans guide. One looks like 15ft of consecutive jamming is likely.

3 new possible trad lines (2 short, 1 40-50ft) that look like they could be worth while (I dont have a criteria for what's worth while but the lines have solid, clean sections and nice cracks to protect).

Regardless if virgin rock or not they are lines that will be posted once climbed/cleaned. More routes at pond bank!

By The Stoned Master
From Pennsylvania
Jan 28, 2013
Day Lily.

I plan on being at pond bank 1 day this weekend. Weather permitting I'm going to clean and climb 2 roped routes. One of the routes is a splitter crack and the other is hands crack 12ft -/+ to a short traverse into a right facing corner/flake that I have high hopes for. At least 30ft route if not 40-50. The corner is solid looking and nice rock with what appears to be ample protection. Hopeful for a quality route that is just less than vertical with consecutive jamming and possible lybacking.